HCS Voice pack review

Snakey

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jul 15, 2015
RSI Handle
SNKYGMG
So I've picked up one of these fancy pancy Voice packs. TL ; DR It's one of the best thing I've ever picked up. It basically is a portable Co-pilot and the best thing is... It is loaded with quantum physics passages. Galactipidia stuff and will take over ship management duties such as power management, shield management and throttle management. Some of the modes even initiate conversation, such as playing I spy and asking random questions. The added help is extremely useful in flight as you can focus on flying instead of smashing the num pad to orientate your shields and can spool up the quantum drive to save your skin. It can also take over combat duties such as locking gimballed weapons and locking and firing missiles. Plus, the fact that you can pin targets of interest and ask your computer to simply re-acquire the target later just takes off the stress of flying. It's almost like an R2 unit for star citizen. However, it isn't cheap, nor is it expensive, coming in at £9.99 for the pack and the voice attack. It really is money well spent

final rating. 10/10

I'm currently using the Orion voice-pack, voiced by William Shatner.

All Voice packs require Voice Attack to run

Whaleman

Commander
Jan 1, 2016
RSI Handle
whaleman
I got myself Vega, voiced by Brent Spiner (Lt. Commander Data from Star Trek The Next Generation) and yes, it was truly worth it, despite having to break into my reserve funds to buy it ;) Really well made both in voice quality and acting as well as in game functionality. Power distribution, shield distribution, setting throttle to 0 (which I have to do every time I exit quantum as a strafe flyer), taking off, request landing and so much more, it just works.

Only commands I lack that would have been easy to get in would be to power weapons/shields/engines off/on completely, as it is you can only redistribute power.

Despite that it's a solid 10/10.

Thugari

Space Marshal
Mar 11, 2016
RSI Handle
Thugari
Just bought ASTRA and LEO. I am learning elite dangerous as a time killer so I thought I would try these two out and will get Orion or VEGA in a week or so

Metal-Muffin

Space Marshal
Aug 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Metal-Muffin
I did it. I got Kirk. I couldn't help
Myself. Partly because, cool, and partly because of mass quantities of hydrocodone. I also got the EDTracker, since I was shopping across the pond. Track IR has always bugged me, and freetracknoir never worked as well as I wanted.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
I did it. I got Kirk. I couldn't help
Myself. Partly because, cool, and partly because of mass quantities of hydrocodone. I also got the EDTracker, since I was shopping across the pond. Track IR has always bugged me, and freetracknoir never worked as well as I wanted.
I got Orion as well. Such a soothing, beautiful voice. It just seems right. Haha

Forgot your password?