Head Count + 1

allquixotic

Commander
Jun 12, 2016
RSI Handle
Tiyuk
On that fateful day, the stars became just a little blacker...

...as a random dude spawned a Starfarer Gemini and started crashing it into peoples' Auroras, and I quote, "for the lulz".

TEST squadron is best squadron.

Me, I'm Tiyuk. Nobody knows how to pronounce my name -- not even me -- so just call me T.

I have the Starfarer Gemini (YEAH!!!!), used to have the Constellation Andromeda but I upgraded to the Starfarer, the Cutlass Black (awesome ship), and the Aurora LX and LN.

I am jealous of people who have the Freelancer as that's one of my favorite ships to fly and turret in.

I'm here because I decided to join the best squadron and I like teamwork and multi-person ships. I am super excited at the prospect of the large capital ships where you need a large crew to be effective. Looking forward to it.

Star Citizen is amazing. I've been along for the ride since '14, but I haven't really dug much into it until 2.4 live release. Now it feels like the game is actually here and there's stuff to do - that wasn't the case before. It's more than a tech demo now.

Thank you guys for making a great community and thanks to CosmicTrader for letting me know about TEST.

My rig:

Core i7 6700K
64 GB DDR4
GeForce GTX 1080
Acer Predator X34 3440x1440 Ultra Wide monitor
2 x Samsung 850 Pro SSDs in hardware RAID-0 with an Adaptec 81605ZQ RAID controller

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
I am jealous of people who have the Freelancer as that's one of my favorite ships to fly and turret in.
You did a fantastic job of piloting that Freelancer last night and the way you were killing those pirates made it seem natural for you (12+ at last count). Also, you are not only a great turret gunner but a great 'spotter' as well. I enjoyed 'crewing' with you and look forward to having much more fun in the future.

thanks to CosmicTrader for letting me know about TEST.
I am glad that I did and that you decided to become a TESTie.

Welcome aboard Mate.

BTW - Great system.
GeForce GTX 1080
No wonder you were getting 60 FPS last night. I'm going to have to get one of these some day. Nice.

allquixotic

Commander
Jun 12, 2016
RSI Handle
Tiyuk
BTW - Great system.
No wonder you were getting 60 FPS last night. I'm going to have to get one of these some day. Nice.
60 FPS is actually kind of rare for me. It depends on the scene. I can touch 60, but not stay there. The usual moderate load scene lands me in the high 40s to low 50s.

However, both the GTX 1080 and Star Citizen are new. I have faith that both Nvidia and CIG will be optimizing their respective codebases (the Nvidia driver and the modified CIG CryEngine 3) to improve performance over time.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Hi T. I'm S. Impressive rig you got there. You don't have any other hobbies, do you? Or do you simply have too much money? :D ;)
Anyway: welcome, read ya around!
Sam

marcsand2

Space Marshal
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Mar 15, 2016
RSI Handle
marcsand2
Core i7 6700K
64 GB DDR4
GeForce GTX 1080
Acer Predator X34 3440x1440 Ultra Wide monitor
2 x Samsung 850 Pro SSDs in hardware RAID-0 with an Adaptec 81605ZQ RAID controller
Hi T. I'm S. Impressive rig you got there. You don't have any other hobbies, do you? Or do you simply have too much money? :D ;)
Anyway: welcome, read ya around!
Sam
64 GB..... :eek: .... When I build bought my rig in February, I though: lets do crazy, 32 GB should be plenty..... o_O Nice monitor :D!!!!

Reactions: AstroSam
Forgot your password?