Hello All Hope the Test is going OK?

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Was watching Shiner last night on twitch and was introduced to Test Sq. Looks right up my street as I was drunk when I clicked the join button so I guess start as you mean to go on?

I've only got an Avenger Titan at the mo. It's OK can hold it's own but seems to be outclassed in combat and won't make me much money hauling. I think the game is excellent and I will be investing a bit more ££ into the production of the game so thinking of diversifying into having one dedicated main fighter for all my combat needs (Sabre?) and one dedicated Hauler (Hull B/C?). I'd also like a jack of all trades and the Freelancer/Freelancer Max looks like it could work. That would be a luxury though will see how it goes.

Waiting for a new headset to arrive so can go on the discord properly.

Anyway add me in game and we can hook up usually on 8pm-11pm GMT

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Hey BUTUZ, I am also owning an Avenger and with a little bit of flight training you can manage to reach the top 5 of Arena Commander. Shes a quick and small beasty, quite tough to hit; sadly the manouvring thruster are a little bit undersized. To maximize her current combat efficiency you have to change the arming, though (EXCEPT the Tigerstrike!!!!); which requires more money invest within voyager direct. OR you RENT weapons and/or ships for trying (paid with REC which you can receive by using Arena Commander or subscribing).
Anyway, if you have any further questions don't hesitate to catch me up in my coffee bar ;) Welcome at TEST, have fun!

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Hi thanks for the warm welcome Samantha!

Yes I am going to experiment with weapons as I have REC I can use to rent them. Currently running 3 x Omnisky S2 lasers in fixed configuration.
Going to put the TigerStreik back on and try an all ballistic loadout next, will try it with a pair of S2 TigerStreik and also a pair of S2 Turrantula. I prefer fixed guns and monoboat so need to keep the projectile speed similar or same!

Where's you're coffee bar? I'd like to buy you a coffee if that's OK. If the coffee is as warm as the welcome I'll be a happy man! :)

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Hi thanks for the warm welcome Samantha!

Yes I am going to experiment with weapons as I have REC I can use to rent them. Currently running 3 x Omnisky S2 lasers in fixed configuration.
Going to put the TigerStreik back on and try an all ballistic loadout next, will try it with a pair of S2 TigerStreik and also a pair of S2 Turrantula. I prefer fixed guns and monoboat so need to keep the projectile speed similar or same!

Where's you're coffee bar? I'd like to buy you a coffee if that's OK. If the coffee is as warm as the welcome I'll be a happy man! :)
Offtopic section, right ahead ;)

Regarding the Tigerstrike: keep in mind that this is one of the most powerful weapons (currently) in the verse with direct structure damage impact. Furtheron, the Avenger has a TR4 Engine slot with quite no mass to push (18 tons, I guess) - thats hell of power for that small ship. As soon as you can dock the new cooler system (should be short-termed), you should try Ominsky VI (for the shields) + Tigerstrike (for the death blast). And adiós, Sabre ;) Plus, a better shield generator. And for sure a custom painting :D

Reactions: BUTUZ

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Welcome to TEST! You can also always crew someone else's ship as a way to make money and buy the ships in-game. That's the best route if you don't want to spend more money on ships... but c'mon, who doesn't like spending money on ships?

Reactions: Blind Owl

Arrangingstars

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Arrangingstars
Welcome!!! Happy to have ya'. So, our VOIP (Discord) is so much more than just your typical VOIP - it has a very robust text chat programmed into it. So if you're worried about communication, you can at least listen and just participate in chat. :)

Whatever you decide, here is a link to our wiki with our Discord information/setup guide to help you get started!:

http://wiki.testsquadron.com/start

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Welcome!!! Happy to have ya'. So, our VOIP (Discord) is so much more than just your typical VOIP - it has a very robust text chat programmed into it. So if you're worried about communication, you can at least listen and just participate in chat. :)

Whatever you decide, here is a link to our wiki with our Discord information/setup guide to help you get started!:

http://wiki.testsquadron.com/start
Hey thanks for taking the time to show me around the discord earlier - it was my first time!!

Oh hang on I remember you mentioning there's a channel for that kind of talk isn't there. Haha!

When my new headset arrives things will be much better - hopefully then, i won't sound like I live in a fish bowl, using the built in mic on a laptop is not ideal!

Last edited:
Reactions: Arrangingstars

Arrangingstars

Space Marshal
Nov 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Arrangingstars
Hey thanks for taking the time to show me around the discord earlier - it was my first time!!

Oh hang on I remember you mentioning there's a channel for that kind of talk isn't there. Haha!

When my new headset arrives things will be much better - hopefully then, i won't sound like I live in a fish bowl, using the built in mic on a laptop is not ideal!
Hahaaa. I see what you did there. ;) No biggie, it was a pleasure! Look forward to talking to you more soon!

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
"Hello All Hope the Test is going OK?"
There's a frakin' test?!?!?! Nobody said ANYTHING about a TEST!! Now I got to study...something. What's the test on, anyway? Is this some kind of [CERTIFIED] test or something? Crap...I'm not ready for this. Oh, welcome to TEST Squadron!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Welcome to TEST. I see the welcome wagon has already shown you the ropes. That's good, because I was going to say hi and then go drink beer anyways. ;)
Hi.

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
Welcome to TEST!!!! Glad to have you onboard TEST Into the Sun.

Forgot your password?