...Hello?...is this thing on?

TypeO

Space Marshal
Aug 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Privateer
Moin moin,

my name is TypeO, I am 31 years old, 5'10 and I have a beard. Mmmmh, what else? I may have talked to one or two of you during the time ReddFaction was a thing and I was diplomat for Deutsche SpaceCargo and Freie Koalition. During the time TEST (and others) left ReddFaction, I (and others) also left DSC and I haven't been in any kind of organization since then. After several weeks of Star Citizen abstinence I decided to dive back in and I remembered that you guys seemed like a fun bunch.

Where you from stranger?
Hamburg, Germany (that's the northern, cool part of Germany, No! Not Bavaria)
What drew you to Star Citizen?
I played Wing Commander and especially Privateer with a passion and when I heard Chris(t) Roberts is back, I had no choice but to get onboard (unfortunately a few days after they stopped giving out gold cards, dammit). Also the community at star-citizens.de got me into it even more and it was phantastic to meet other fans live at Gamescom last year.
What do you look forward to most in Star Citizen? (PVP, Exploration, etc)
Ingame I think I will try to do trading and exploring, but I had a lot of fun with the meta game as a diplomat also. My current ships are: Constellation, 315p and a Retaliator (I don't own an Aurora oO)
What was the first game you remember playing?
That's tough....I think it was Street Fighter on the Atari ST. But it got serious with Doom.
What other games do you play?
Dwarf Fortress, EU4, Battlefield 4, DotA2, some WoW with a friend
Picard or Kirk?
Picard (Malcolm Reynolds would be my first choice though)

My Reddit name is Spliffa and my RSI handle is Privateer (yes, I am way too proud of that). To be honest I don't know much about your goals and chain of command (other than I will get beaten with it until I know what to do), but I like the vibe I am getting from TEST and as an active Redditor it just made sense to me.

I am sure I missed some vital information, so don't hestitate to ask.

Cheers
TypeO

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
Welcome to TEST!

I want to grow mine out to more than 3/4" but it starts to not look that good when my hair is cut short.

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
welcome fellow german and "muschelschubser" :D

you'll enjoy it here, TEST is not too serious about anything. Remember Doom on like 10 floppy disks? Damn it was a pain to install everything.

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
depends... mine is almost reaching chest atm, but my hair is mostly 3 mm and shorter (read bald) and it looks bad ass :)
We all can't be as badass as you Choppa :P

TypeO

Space Marshal
Aug 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Privateer
Thank you for your warm welcome fellow beard lovers. I am looking forward to fuck up and all of you hating me and downvoting my comment history.
@chrizz I never saw original discs, did they even exist? I only remember discs with partly ripped off stickers with ugly handwriting on them.

Reactions: JoeCool4433

Choppanob

Space Marshal
Jul 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Choppanob
Aaaah... the good old times... when people went to computer clubs in public centers. Trading illegal software on floppy's with each other, with no problems at all (even the neighbor policeman participated)

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
I'm guessing based on your Avatar, you are also a LEGO builder/collector/enthusiast? I'd like to see someone build a Constellation out of LEGOs!

Also, I was trying to copy some floppies down in the Science Division, and I kept getting some strange process interruption. I think it might be a virus...

Also, grats on the Privateer RSI handle, that's awesome!! :D

Reactions: JoeCool4433

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
Thank you for your warm welcome fellow beard lovers. I am looking forward to fuck up and all of you hating me and downvoting my comment history.
@chrizz I never saw original discs, did they even exist? I only remember discs with partly ripped off stickers with ugly handwriting on them.

me neither, i only saw the "unofficial" version that you had to "unrar" and "unarj" putting one disk after the other into your floppy.

TypeO

Space Marshal
Aug 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Privateer
I'm guessing based on your Avatar, you are also a LEGO builder/collector/enthusiast? I'd like to see someone build a Constellation out of LEGOs!

Also, I was trying to copy some floppies down in the Science Division, and I kept getting some strange process interruption. I think it might be a virus...

Also, grats on the Privateer RSI handle, that's awesome!! :D
No, I haven't seen Lego for years to be honest. I just stumbled over the avatar creator when I needed one for a blog I used to write for. Also it would be much funnier if someone build a Conny in Unreal Engine 4. :D

Reactions: Walex

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
Welcome! Glad you made a good choice joining us
Test is not about making the good choices

amuse us with your choices and be welcome, TypeO

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
Another German!! We need to get all the Germans to organize and set up a brewery.

Reactions: TypeO
Forgot your password?