Hello, World(s)

Cyinni

Vice Admiral
Jan 20, 2014
RSI Handle
Cyinni
Hi all! I'm Kevin, a recent re-convert to TEST. I figured I'd stop being a dirty lurker and introduce myself in the forums.

I figured I'd introduce myself since I logged in to my EVE account (where I'm a TESTie) for the last time today - one final train to lock in before the account goes dark because I'd lost interest in Skillqueue Online. In this, EVE joins the hallowed ranks of my MWO, SWTOR, and Everquest accounts (RIP).

That said, I'm super stoked for Star Citizen. CR and CIG make my pants fit funny with each new video about a feature they've given more thought to than I have. I've booted up the Hangar Module and rubbed non-existent dust off my 315p every so often. I've spent more time than is really safe for my wallet watching Connie walkthroughs on YouTube or rewatching the trailer and fantasizing about getting lost on a Bengal. That new destroyer made me pine with desire, even though I'm sure I'll never be successful/lucky/ruthless enough to actually run one.

In the meantime I'm playing Warframe, running a FATE campaign for my friends (dragon pirate commandos for the win!) and throwing pots on a wheel for funsies (badly). I host board game nights for friends from time to time and make a good bison chili. I'm trying desperately to balance economies in Banished, attempting to seduce guys who really should know better, and waking up far too early to be in the office before my boss (but at least I get to walk to work in freezing temperatures, right? RIGHT??!)

So yeah. AMA? Who knows if I'll be able to read this at work (curse you, NMCI!) but I'll try to check in a respond as life winds on.

In the meantime, may our Auroras blot out the sun!

Reactions: Walex

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
Skillqueue Online...., lol, that's a new one :D

Welcome and please provide Test Squadron with some of your Bison chili !

Cyinni

Vice Admiral
Jan 20, 2014
RSI Handle
Cyinni
Bison chili will be the offering to the dark gods so they might grant our Auroras the speed and grace to die well. It will not provide the same benefits to our intestinal tracts, but I will offer it up to you as well in supplication!

Skillqueue Online...., lol, that's a new one
Yeah, I snorted with laughter when I saw it in alliance chat as a TESTie. Big enough N, people get witty.

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
Welcome to TEST.

Bison chili will be the offering to the dark gods so they might grant our Auroras the speed and grace to die well.
Now I'm hungry for chili. Never had Bison chili but I imagine its very tasty.

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
CR and CIG make my pants fit funny with each new video about a feature they've given more thought to than I have. I've booted up the Hangar Module and rubbed

non-existent dust off my 315p every so often.

Awww.....

fantasizing about getting lost on a Bengal. That new destroyer made me pine with desire, even though I'm sure I'll never be successful/lucky/ruthless enough to actually run one.
Me too!

attempting to seduce guys who really should know better
I'm a big fan of the Kreiger method. Brute honesty. Hasn't been to successful though.

And as far as an AMA, what was the first game you remember playing? What game will you think back on when we're all in a retirement home? And what aspects of Star Citizen interest you the most? Exploration, RP (since you're a big fan of tabletop), Piracy, or Space Booze?

Reactions: TestBot and Cyinni

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I figured I'd introduce myself since I logged in to my EVE account (where I'm a TESTie) for the last time today
Bitter Vet achievement unlocked!

Cyinni

Vice Admiral
Jan 20, 2014
RSI Handle
Cyinni
Bitter Vet achievement unlocked!
My saddest moment in `TEST was when someone asked why I wanted something from test_free when I was clearly a bittervet. I didn't know how to answer. :(

Awww.....
Sorry to tease! As for your questions, the first game I remember playing - EVER - was the Jurassic Park sidescroller game that came with Windows-gods-know-how-long-ago. I must have been four. I was pissed that I never did get to kill that Triceratops. As for retirement home games, I'm pretty sure one multiplayer marathon game of Civ will take us right there. So as long as someone's playing Ghandi we'll have plenty to discuss with the rotten bastard.

I'm really excited for Star Citizen exploration. Not even sure why, actually. I doubt I'll be one of the lucky few to actually discover a star system or leave a real mark on the PU - maybe I've just become a jaded bastard with how shallow other "exploration" sims have treated me. But the idea of coasting through space, scanning around, droppin in on something interesting and fleeing in abject terror when I find out it's a hostile carrier or a pirate base . . . well, let's just say there are some fond Freelancer memories there.

And in the meantime, there's always SpaceBooze.

o-BHG-o

Space Marshal
Mar 25, 2014
RSI Handle
o-BHG-o
Hi all! I'm Kevin, a recent re-convert to TEST. I figured I'd stop being a dirty lurker and introduce myself in the forums.

I figured I'd introduce myself since I logged in to my EVE account (where I'm a TESTie) for the last time today - one final train to lock in before the account goes dark because I'd lost interest in Skillqueue Online. In this, EVE joins the hallowed ranks of my MWO, SWTOR, and Everquest accounts (RIP).

That said, I'm super stoked for Star Citizen. CR and CIG make my pants fit funny with each new video about a feature they've given more thought to than I have. I've booted up the Hangar Module and rubbed non-existent dust off my 315p every so often. I've spent more time than is really safe for my wallet watching Connie walkthroughs on YouTube or rewatching the trailer and fantasizing about getting lost on a Bengal. That new destroyer made me pine with desire, even though I'm sure I'll never be successful/lucky/ruthless enough to actually run one.

In the meantime I'm playing Warframe, running a FATE campaign for my friends (dragon pirate commandos for the win!) and throwing pots on a wheel for funsies (badly). I host board game nights for friends from time to time and make a good bison chili. I'm trying desperately to balance economies in Banished, attempting to seduce guys who really should know better, and waking up far too early to be in the office before my boss (but at least I get to walk to work in freezing temperatures, right? RIGHT??!)

So yeah. AMA? Who knows if I'll be able to read this at work (curse you, NMCI!) but I'll try to check in a respond as life winds on.

In the meantime, may our Auroras blot out the sun!

What board games do you play? I'm currently enjoying the Game of Thrones board game with a bunch of friends. I'm also a big fan of RISK (various types) and a mate recently pulled out Hero Quest and D&D to tickle my nostalgia.

o-BHG-o

Space Marshal
Mar 25, 2014
RSI Handle
o-BHG-o
Same here, but I always seem to be the asshole breaking alliances... actually I have never seen a game of RISK end without someone being hurt, its impossibru.
Hahaha, that's the best bit..."if you just evacuate that territory I'll move on through and leave you be"....<proceeds to stomp all over them at first opportunity>

can't recommend Game of Thrones Board game enough. Plenty of politics!

Cyinni

Vice Admiral
Jan 20, 2014
RSI Handle
Cyinni
I've actually really enjoyed it - even though I played as Dorne my first and only time!! We might be getting together before the premiere of the new season to play a round next week and I'm unduly excited.

RISK isn't nearly as bad as Diplomacy for betrayals and backstabbing, though - I don't think anyone's come away from a game of Diplomacy with more friends than they started with.

Reactions: BluChew and Walex

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
What board games do you play? I'm currently enjoying the Game of Thrones board game with a bunch of friends. I'm also a big fan of RISK (various types) and a mate recently pulled out Hero Quest and D&D to tickle my nostalgia.
I imagine GoT board game ends more friendships than RISK, Monopoly, and Mario Party combined? Then again I really enjoyed the Battlestar Galactica board game, where betraying everyone and being an overly suspicious and paranoid player was part of the game! Even I didn't know if I was a Cylon or not!

Reactions: BluChew
Forgot your password?