Hello!

layer8

Captain
Apr 3, 2021
RSI Handle
layer8
Hi there ;)
I'm Layer8 from Germany and playing SC since ... yeah, let's say since it's "playable".
Registered September 2012 and ... yeah ;)

As I'm not pretty sure what gameplay will bring with the game I want to play any kind of gameplay (and mostly I have ships for ^^).
I'm a pretty bad pilot in PVP but in other roles I guess I'm pretty "okay".

First game - such a hard question. Let's say... Commander Keen, Monkey Island, Command & Conquer, Doom, ... As I got my first PC in the age of 5 I can't really remember ;D
I heared from TEST as a friend of mine - vindicare, already member in here - told me about this ... and yeah, as your video was pretty awesome - same as the description - i thought, let's test TEST! :D

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
As I am a System- and Networkadministrator ... I have to do with Layer8 the whole day :D thats why I've chosen this nick :D
Yep. ID-10-T is the code that programmers used to use to indicate a failure in OSI Layer 8. I don't even think they teach the model to software engineers anymore.

Reactions: vahadar and Sayora

layer8

Captain
Apr 3, 2021
RSI Handle
layer8
Yep. ID-10-T is the code that programmers used to use to indicate a failure in OSI Layer 8. I don't even think they teach the model to software engineers anymore.
ok - this was pretty new to me, I only knew the "normal" OSI-Model and the abstracted up to 10 layers :). Years ago when I was in school the normal and the abstracted version has been standard :D
But as I am not that imaginative when choosing nicknames I thought Layer8 would be great and ... better than PICNIC or so :D

I don't know how's in US but as far as I know in germany the "basics" like OSI belongs to the basics which every kind of IT-profession has to learn.
But as our users barely know howto turn on their devices is many times ... I friendly tell them that's a layer8 problem again and not "their fault" :D
So they are happy ... and I'm ... too :D

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
ok - this was pretty new to me, I only knew the "normal" OSI-Model and the abstracted up to 10 layers :). Years ago when I was in school the normal and the abstracted version has been standard :D
But as I am not that imaginative when choosing nicknames I thought Layer8 would be great and ... better than PICNIC or so :D

I don't know how's in US but as far as I know in germany the "basics" like OSI belongs to the basics which every kind of IT-profession has to learn.
But as our users barely know howto turn on their devices is many times ... I friendly tell them that's a layer8 problem again and not "their fault" :D
So they are happy ... and I'm ... too :D
Layer8 is a great name. It just brought back memories from a running gag from long ago.

Forgot your password?