HELP ME DECIDE HOW TO THROW MY MONEY AT JPEGS

SullyQuindarius

Admiral
Dec 24, 2017
RSI Handle
SullyQuindarius
So, after starting to get into combat missions again, I've realized my fleet is lacking in dedicated fighters. Closest thing I've got is a Cutty.

So. I'm gonna get a Buccaneer at some point (I've been saying that for months, I swear I will one of these days). But I also have a Constellation I never use that I was going to CCU to the Orion. Now, I think I'll just wait, sit on my Orion CCU, and whenever it gets closer to release, use one of my LTI tokens for it. For now, I wanna CCU the Connie to a combat ship.

Choice A - Eclipse. Sexy ship. Cheaper of the two options. Big-ass torpedoes. But very limited combat ability due to the ammo reserves on the gatlings and only 3 torpedoes.

Choice B - Vanguard Harbinger. I love this thing. It's (well, the Warden for now) a freaking tank. Perfect for a industrial scrub like me. Living space and places to put boxes in if I do transport missions. Turret for a buddy. But it costs me more since my CCU is sadly from the Aquila, which now costs $310. So I'd drop $5 for the CCU then $85 to make the Andromeda the Aquila. Unless someone else has a CCU :cough cough:

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
I recommend printing out pictures of all the ships and attaching them to several large boards. From here build a jenga tower and leave it alone. After that play Uno and hoard all the Wild Draw 4 cards. Throw them at the boards of ships. Whichever ships are hit will be the ones you buy unless someone throws a Reverse at it. Then you have to buy an Aurora and take a piece from the jenga tower, bottom first. After this buy 2 bottle of whisky and drink them both, pick the ship that has the the same color as your piss and hope it isn't red. And then you're done.

Pick the Warden.

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
I recommend printing out pictures of all the ships and attaching them to several large boards. From here build a jenga tower and leave it alone. After that play Uno and hoard all the Wild Draw 4 cards. Throw them at the boards of ships. Whichever ships are hit will be the ones you buy unless someone throws a Reverse at it. Then you have to buy an Aurora and take a piece from the jenga tower, bottom first. After this buy 2 bottle of whisky and drink them both, pick the ship that has the the same color as your piss and hope it isn't red. And then you're done.

Pick the Warden.
Hey! That's the system I use too. Well I'll be damned.

Sethious

Space Marshal
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
SethiousFel

Pick the Warden.
Instructions unclear member stuck in ceiling fan.

SullyQuindarius

Admiral
Dec 24, 2017
RSI Handle
SullyQuindarius
Man, go to Warden for $250, then upgrade to Harbinger when they go on sale again. Although there are probably some CCUs hanging around.

Like in my buybacks.

Warden to Harbinger. Yup. Didn't even know that was there...
Why is everybody saying go to Warden ;-;

I don't have the Warden CCU, I just meant it would be the loaner for the Harby hehe

Xist

Staff member
Officer
Donor
Jan 16, 2016
RSI Handle
Xist
Remember that on release you will get access to an F8 after finishing SQ42. There is no better single seat fighter.

I think you will be able to buy it for UEC though I'm not completely sure.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Hmm your problem sounds easy, wait to buy anymore ships in game! The cutlass is fine.
I agree with what Crysman is saying...
And non of the ship you suggest are dedicated fighters (not counting the Bucc) okay heavy fighters.. :smile:
(Not including Eclipse that is a bomber not a fighter at all)
But from the ship you suggest the Cutlas Black is the better choice as it is not only a heavy fighter that kick a good punch in the right hands, it's to a cargo ship and a home away from home in space.....

Something I try to think of every time I feel the urge to change ship is..
And I say this to anyone reading to save you from despair or regret buying new ship if you have a budget.

Waiting is always a option.

It is not the ship that is better in any way (might be better armed better guns..faster etc.. etc...)
But it's the pilots knowledge of his ships limitation, his flying skill and how to use the ship to it's max potential.
That is what make a ship better, great or the best one for you.

Just something to think about when picking a new ship specially if you expect or intend to do combat in it.

If you already have one you are comfortable with but maybe not doing so great in it when it comes to combat.. then..
Will really a new ship make it better or is it training with what you got that is missing...

if no, I need a new ship then go for it...
:smile:

Or start with borrowing ships that's on your radar from us fellow Testies try them out as much you can, see if it really make a difference and maybe you find one ship you didn't even consider but fit you and the way you fly like a glove.

Yes I know some ship can have a little bonus advantage from the start and give you a extra edge..
But fact still remain if you cant use it what good is it..!?

CHEERS! :beer: :beer: :beer: :beers:

Last edited:

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Well the cutlass is one of the better fighters in the game right now.

I love the vanguard but it needs a rework.

The modern ships are just too expensive for me. Eclipse etc. Ouch money :(

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
You said you need a dedicated fighter, by which I suppose you mean dogfighter; but then choose between two ships that are certainly not dogfighters. First question is, do you intend to dogfight?

If you do, and you have the money, consider a Sabre. If you don't have that cash, consider a Hornet. If you know better your fighting style than you've said, please tell us and peeps can make better recommends.

If you want to fight, but don't want to dogfight, missile-boats are a great option. But if you have a Connie, you have a missile-boat. You don't need a Harbinger or Eclipse.

If you want to get a little into battle but settle it with missiles, pick the Harbinger. With the Eclipse you'll be in trouble the first second someone spots you, and it should be possible to put Void Armor onto the Vanguards. That could create some interesting and Eclipse like dynamics worth exploring. But if you know you want to sit and snipe ships form greatest range, choose and Eclipse.

IMHO.

Forgot your password?