Help! Warthog / T16000M Dual stick

Texelis

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
Texelis
Heyyo - So I'm running Warthog Joystick right hand with a T16000M left. Fricken love dual stick by the way! Anyway, after a day of messing around with it, I still can't get the left stick to work how I'd like.
Y - mapped to strafe F/B
X- mapped to strafe L/R
Z - roll

At this point leaving left stick dead center is 0 thrust. Pull back (Y Axis) gives incremental forward speed up to max, with ability to let stick go and continue at current speed. Pushing stick forward puts me back to 0, hold forward for reverse. When I try to invert this (Joystick 2 invert F/B) in SC, the opposite does not occur, and I get a wonky config with dead center being 1/2 of full speed.

What's the best config for these 2 sticks together? How are you running your dual stick? I read something about having to split the Y axis using Target software to get a proper F/B set up, but everytime I try using it something screws up haha

Vett

Space Marshal
Mar 31, 2016
RSI Handle
Vett
I also run dual stick with two T1600M.

Right Stick
Y - Pitch
X - Yaw
Z - Strafe up/down

Left Stick
Y - Strafe Forward/Back
X - Strafe Left/Right
Z - Roll

I do not have incremental thrust on strafe forward/back and instead set it to the slider. During dogfights I never set a speed and all other flying i have time to set the slider to what I'd like. Eventually will be using Anna Voice Attack for most of the controls.

I tried to use Target software but couldn't get it to work properly. I settled to just use the key binds in SC and everything is working like a charm.

Why do you want incremental thrust set on strafe?

Texelis

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
Texelis
Why do you want incremental thrust set on strafe?
It's not like that's what I was after, just the best that I could get it working. More that I don't want to keep holding the stick in the Forward position to keep moving (as that's the most used direction) and also that unless I inverted it (pressing forward makes ship go backwards) I couldn't get dead center to be 0 (no movement any direction).

As usual, as soon as I posted here I got it working more how I want it. Axis set the same, with Strafe F/B and Throttle ABS/REL inverted, with Throttle REL on Y Axis and Throttle ABS on Slider1 in SC controls. Now pushing forward moves me forward, and I can let go of the stick and still keep moving. Dead center is 0. Pull back for reverse, but it will always go back to 0 if I let go of the stick. Gonna try it like this for awhile.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I do it different coz ima bit werid.

Right Stick
Y - Pitch
X - Yaw
Z - Roll

Left Stick
Y - Strafe Up/Down
X - Strafe Left/Right
Z -
Left Throttle Slider: Throttle. (I rest the ball of my hand/wrist on the throttle and can move it up and down by changing the angle of my wrist)

Really, I want a pair of pedals to so strafe forward/back instead of the throttle slider that would be ideal. I may buy some CH pedals to try it out.

Forgot your password?