Here is the first video of my co-pilot! She is getting a new keyboard!

Varku

Space Marshal
Apr 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Varku
BITE YOUR TONGUE!!!

PS/2 is greater than all! All these youngens these days putting flashy lights as more important than latency and proper N key rollover.
depends what you want. Both USB and PS2 have their advantage:

Speed:
The fastest connection is PS2 simply because it has a direct interrupt request link to the cpu, so the cpu quickly gets notified when new inputs are incomming.
Due to the Bus archtitekture of USB it may take few milliseconds longer until the CPU get's the message.

Utility/ Error-Korrektion
The Problem with PS/2 however is, that the number of keys that can be pressed at the same time without the appearence of ghost-keying (A key that didn't got pressed is submitted as pressed) is havily limited.

USB-gaming-keyboards solves this problem, as it signsup as multiple Keyboards.
By doing so they can accurately identify 8 Key strokes at the same time.

So if you're one of these guys buttonsmashing all day, you're propaly better off, with a usb-keyboard. And if these keys are often around the w-a-s-d- keys, you may even want a special gaming keyboard, as these are optimised to have as little ghosting around these keys as possible.

But if you're more the twitchy LoL gamer, a nice PS/2 may give you that millisecond advantage to steal the grunt kill from your mate...

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
So if you're one of these guys buttonsmashing all day, you're propaly better off, with a usb-keyboard. And if these keys are often around the w-a-s-d- keys, you may even want a special gaming keyboard, as these are optimised to have as little ghosting around these keys as possible.

But if you're more the twitchy LoL gamer, a nice PS/2 may give you that millisecond advantage to steal the grunt kill from your mate...
This guy games!

That was a very interesting explanation!

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Might, but I have also seen PS/2 keyboards cause frame drops due to the cpu interrupts causing cycle delays. On top of the fact that most games update input control commands once per frame as it is so even if you do match the PS/2 to the motherboard and CPU you are still often limited by the frame rate and server update frequency of the game.

Radegast74

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Radegast74
She's absolutely adorable! I can't wait till my son's that age, right now it's mostly him throwing things and watching cartoons like Ponyo or Chuggington.
The key seems to be warp time, so that you accelerate the child's growth from 0-2, get them out of diapers & out of the "terrible two's" as fast as possible, and then slow down time so that the ages of 3-7 or so take a decade or so...make the years that they are cute (and you are their super-hero) last as *long* as possible.

Once they decide their own friends are more fun, then you'll have all those happy memories! Treasure them while you can!

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
Mouse pad courtesy of @EpilepticCricket !
Wow, she's really pretty good. She's already a much better pilot than you.

That old keyboard was 10yrs older than her!

In fact, so is the computer she is using, its about 12yrs old, hardly runs anything, but it manages to run Roblox.
Yeah, but will it run SC with decent framerate?

hey, if she ever tells you, her PC is to weak, tell her that once NASA flyed to the Moon with a Coputer which is even weaker than the one in a scientific Calculator...
This should give you a few days or something something
And I can see the look she'd give you back.

Well, I'm my own Child. I'm not evil enough jet to ruin the live of the next generation...
Nobody likes a braggart.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Finally got to watch the video. Too adorable, haha. I'm training my little guy, but for now he's far more interested in playing with choo-choo and kicking balls around. Although he did get a hockey stick yesterday, and he freaking loves it, so yeahhhh, Canadian I reckon.

marctek

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Marctek
I remember those days. My kids first computers were old laptops I got from work after they had been retired. They were so old I just installed Linux and made my kids learn something if they wanted to play a game.

Their second computers I bought the parts and made them do most of the work putting them together. But now they are both in need of upgrades and that is going to get expensive as they are old enough to play the more resource intense games now.

hardroc77

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 27, 2015
RSI Handle
hardroc77
I remember those days. My kids first computers were old laptops I got from work after they had been retired. They were so old I just installed Linux and made my kids learn something if they wanted to play a game.

Their second computers I bought the parts and made them do most of the work putting them together. But now they are both in need of upgrades and that is going to get expensive as they are old enough to play the more resource intense games now.
Linux Mint
Or Kali, if you want to have "fun".

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
This made me smile! I got that excited for my keyboard too, but mine doesn't have pink lights so it is clearly inferior.

Glad to see the mat in use. I was worried that you lost all that stuff in a closet haha. I need to update my old post and get ready to launch the new version of the mat!

Forgot your password?