Here we go again: Mercury vs. Cutlass vs. Terrapin

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I saw a vid where it appeared pretty quick given the original expectation. It's actually faster than the Mercury. Definitely undergunned and no missiles.

I thought it has "double armor" so that you could go sans shields on those covert spy missions. So what's with that?
Have you actually flown one? :S

Shive

Speed Devil
Staff member
Officer
Mar 9, 2014
RSI Handle
GOD_Shive
With the supposedly upcoming flight changes, those SCM/cruise(afterburner) speeds could get all mixed up and around, so wouldn't weight them one way or the other. Could argue that unloaded they'll both have similar speed. You wont just zoom away in an instant if you're a mercury and have a drake on your tail or visa versa.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Zookajoe

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 6, 2016
RSI Handle
Zookajoe
I saw a vid where it appeared pretty quick given the original expectation. It's actually faster than the Mercury. Definitely undergunned and no missiles.

I thought it has "double armor" so that you could go sans shields on those covert spy missions. So what's with that?
I don't think ship armor has been implemented yet. So, in theory, it should be damn tough.

Reactions: Blind Owl

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl

It was very zippy on release. That's all I know, haha.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Have you actually flown one? :S
I haven't flown anything. I don't own a gaming machine right now. I am just curious about the complaints. I was disappointed they took the single S5 mount off the chin, but the speed, rotation and maneuverability are much higher than expected, and the armor is pretty tough as is.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpHRxon1nOs

If you compare it to the Lancer, Cutty and Vanguard, it is in that range of speed and maneuverability, which is quite good for any non-fighter. The armor must be pretty tough. If you look in the vid, he flies into a Cutty and destroys it, with nary a scratch on his hull. This thing is solid.

If you're looking for a covert spy bird, this is it. It's got M radar. That is what the Lancer, Cutty and Vanguard all have. So you need to look at the intended mission. I would not presume in its intended role any of those other ships would be better. I think within this specific role, it really is the Ninja Turtle people hoped for. If you want to haul cargo the Lancer or Cutty would be better, and if you want to haul marines or fight, the Vanguard will be better, but if you want to secretly spy on others, this seems to me to be the go-to standard for covert ops, and it is 2/3 the size of the other three. It's going to be much harder to hit in combat. It will probably fit in things like the Polaris and maybe even the Carrack bay, whereas the others certainly will not.

Pander

Space Marshal
Jan 3, 2015
RSI Handle
Pander22
I have been very tempted on melting everything and just sticking with the star runner. totally in love with that ship..... even more them my carrack!

but yeah terrapin seems like a one trick rather have the cutty and merc just so i can go out for days on end and do a bit of everything

Forgot your password?