Hey, I just met you, this is crazy! Here's my intro, so reply maybe?

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
I have a warden, prospector, and cutlass currently. I'm having a hard time mining to make money. It is pretty difficult, but also I don't seem to make enough to warrant that difficulty. I would be better off just doing missions. So I may go back to a connie or something for general purpose/cargo runs, unsure.
The economy isn't even remotely close to being balanced yet, mining has more updates in a couple quarters, and @Black Sunder has a guide on here he's working on that can help with that. Personally I find mining tedious and unenjoyable, but once things like the saddle bags and tractor beams on other ships are implemented mining should become much less unenjoyable and more profitable.

1. Yes
2. Yes and no, I ended up breaking my back towards the end of my Army career (fractured T2-T12) so I obviously wasn't jumping after that.
3. You forgot the part about drinking water :P
One of my earliest jumps we were dropped deep in the treeline, one of our FO's chutes snagged on a tall dead tree, snapping him hard into the trunk, shattered at least one of his vertebrae, by freak chance it didn't paralyze him but he still got medically discharged. The flight crew went radio silent, they were supposed to land at Benning then layover at Bragg, they instead flew on fumes all the way to New York to try to avoid punishment as they ignored the DZ party guidance for the drop.

Water is so magical that I don't even think about how much I've been conditioned to still drink of it.

Moltyr

Commander
Nov 21, 2018
RSI Handle
Moltyr
The economy isn't even remotely close to being balanced yet, mining has more updates in a couple quarters, and @Black Sunder has a guide on here he's working on that can help with that. Personally I find mining tedious and unenjoyable, but once things like the saddle bags and tractor beams on other ships are implemented mining should become much less unenjoyable and more profitable.
Yeah that's my issue with mining. I would like to see ways for more "passive" income, so I can do more things I actually enjoy in game (in the future obviously) instead of spending an hour trying to no blow up a rock and die. So I may melt something and go for cargo or something, but the issue with that is finding a place that buys everything you have, but also if you crash you lose everything too. So right now it just sucks, there is nothing much I can do 😭

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Welcome to TEST Squadron & thank you for your service @Moltyr .

I have a warden, prospector, and cutlass currently. I'm having a hard time mining to make money. It is pretty difficult, but also I don't seem to make enough to warrant that difficulty. I would be better off just doing missions. So I may go back to a connie or something for general purpose/cargo runs, unsure.
That's a nice set of ships that should allow you to do a great variety of game play as that is developed.

:smile: currently working on a '71 Demon.
That's a really sweet machine.

1. Yes
2. Yes and no, I ended up breaking my back towards the end of my Army career (fractured T2-T12) so I obviously wasn't jumping after that.
3. You forgot the part about drinking water :P
I hope that you're feeling much better now & I mostly drink various forms of sugar free flavored water drinks. To keep this TEST friendly, I'll remind people that most forms of alcohol start with high quality water as an initial ingredient.

Yeah that's my issue with mining. I would like to see ways for more "passive" income, so I can do more things I actually enjoy in game (in the future obviously) instead of spending an hour trying to no blow up a rock and die. So I may melt something and go for cargo or something, but the issue with that is finding a place that buys everything you have, but also if you crash you lose everything too. So right now it just sucks, there is nothing much I can do 😭
I know exactly how you feel about the limited things that you can do without losing just about everything. So hang in there, you're no longer alone in the 'Verse. You've got us lovable & goofy lunatics here with you.

Forgot your password?