Heya, TEST! Beer's good, but have you had some good 'ol Whiskey? A Shot to ya!

Wolfang237

Ensign
Mar 25, 2020
RSI Handle
Alcain
Howdy from Texas! (The desert part where people might actually ride horses to school - if it were open) Sit down while I introduce myself. Whiskey's on the end table by the porch swing.

Name's Alcain (in game) - a fresh face looking to get his blood pumping with some fast paced, G inducing dog-fighting. But I don't always wanna sit in a claustrophobic fighter trying to vomit my stomach up. I can appreciate a whale of a ship and enjoy the safe comfort of its unbreakable shields and impenetrable armor, sitting back with a glass of bourbon and watching my AI manned turrets and drones shred my enemies. Depends on my day at work...

My brother - twin, in fact - drew me to this game. Hell, he even gifted me a Sabre to lure me in! I didn't even understand the magnitude of that until I had actually started playing and started researching ships and their components. Now, that Sabre is my go-to fighter! And on that fighter? Whew - the bullet spray from 4 GT-215's is music to my ears and a salve on my lonely heart I tell you what! Personally, the idea of massive battles makes my blood boil and shivers go up my spine. Seeing the laser fire streak across my view and ballistic chunks tear through the empty space from dozens of directions in a flowing chaos is true art. And I would love to either be weaving in between it all or a stolid pillar that slowly imposes its power and majesty upon the field of battle.

Along the lines of SC, I also dabble in Planetside 2 and I've got a good amount of content in Warframe, although I play Warframe little these days. I enjoy RPG's, from a hero's eyes, top-down and immersed in strategy, or just hand-made by a community online. So I've thoroughly enjoyed games like GW2, WoW, SWtoR, KotOR, P:Kingmaker, PoE2, ME(1, 2, 3, and - to a lesser extent - Andromeda), and many more. Any time I'm not working, I'm enjoying a new world. I also seek out games where customization is paramount and encouraged. MMO's tend to fill that requirement, as do games with great options like The Witcher, ME, Borderlands, SW:BF2, etc.

Finally, I was always a Kirk guy at first (Old Kirk) but, upon later rewatching, I grew to really cherish Picard. But, mostly, I really enjoy the classic Jack, Daniel, Sam, and Teal'c team from the highly underrated SG-1 Stargate seasons. Great show. (Also, Firefly - another underrated sci-fi adventure?)

I see you've helped me finish that bottle of whiskey. And the sun is dipping - my stories are finished, if you'd like to get on with your own life! And if you ever want a pilot to fly with you, just let me know. I reeeally love hearing those GT-215's fire. And my finger gets more trigger-y the more the whiskey disappears.

Jolly_Green_Giant

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 25, 2016
RSI Handle
Jolly_Green_Giant
Welcome! I'm glad you're just now getting into it. It's a hell of a project in the making. The more the merrier! If you're up for socializing we have a discord server. I encourage you to join us. The links on the side of the forum somewhere. Enjoy your stay!

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
the highly underrated SG-1 Stargate seasons.
Howdy!

I started watching SG-1 when Star Trek ended.

I got drawn in and when the show was really finding its stride, the ended it :(

Star Gate Universe excited me! I was really looking forward to the expanded universe, but then they took their sweet ass time getting into the action.

By the time the good action started, most of the viewers had already left and that show got canceled.

SAD!

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
We say Beer, but really we just mean Alchohol.

We are an inclusive organisation.

SpudNyk

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 19, 2016
RSI Handle
spudnyk
Howdy!

I started watching SG-1 when Star Trek ended.

I got drawn in and when the show was really finding its stride, the ended it :(

Star Gate Universe excited me! I was really looking forward to the expanded universe, but then they took their sweet ass time getting into the action.

By the time the good action started, most of the viewers had already left and that show got canceled.

SAD!
Exactly the same for me, I wish they’d got to the action in SGU just a little earlier

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
I like this guy... so let's see whiskey... I've been dabbling in Japanese whiskey's lately, yes they actually make the stuff. I just killed a bottle of Suntory Toki, really good stuff. My favorite is Glengoyne, specifically the 15 year old, however my liquor store was out so I settled for a bottle of the 12 year but haven't opened it yet. My Wife is a huge fan of Basil Hayden, it's good stuff but it's gotten old to me since my Wife drinks it all the time.

Anyway, biggest concern here is, do you enjoy your whiskey while you fly space ships? If you do, then we'll get along just fine!

Forgot your password?