Feb 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Otto-x
Hey guys,

I'm interested in joining up!

Where you from stranger?

Seattle, WA USA

What drew you to Star Citizen?

Freelancer is my all time favorite game.

What do you look forward to most in Star Citizen? (PVP, Exploration, etc)

Space exploration, trading, support roles.

I got a Banu MM! Super stoked to use it.

What was the first game you remember playing?

F-16 Fighter on our 386 pc

What other games do you play?

Just built a PC after about 5 years of not having one. I had a laptop but that was for web stuff only.

I play PS4 - BF4, AC4

Just got The Witcher 2 for my PC

Picard or Kirk?

Kirk. Obviously.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
F-16 was an amazing game! I remember that one well!

Welcome Otto!

SeungRyul

Spreader of Truth / Master of Hamsters
Staff member
Donor
Oct 30, 2013
RSI Handle
Citizen404
Welcome to TEST! I am so jealous of your Banu Merchantman. I saw the high-res renders of it the other day and they looked FREAKIN' awesome! And that humongous turret on the top looks beastly!

If I had one, I want to stuff it to the brim with explosives/gas and ram it into a capital ship to see what happens :P

Otto

Lieutenant
Feb 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Otto-x
Welcome to TEST! I am so jealous of your Banu Merchantman. I saw the high-res renders of it the other day and they looked FREAKIN' awesome! And that humongous turret on the top looks beastly!

If I had one, I want to stuff it to the brim with explosives/gas and ram it into a capital ship to see what happens :p
Haha thanks. I started the process of purchasing one last week and as soon as the new art was released I knew I had to lock that shit down ASAP.

JoeCool4433

Wisdom-Master
Donor
Nov 20, 2013
RSI Handle
JoeCool777
Welcome to TEST!

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
What drew you to Star Citizen?

Freelancer is my all time favorite game.

I got a Banu MM! Super stoked to use it.
Did you have several savegames with different roles (like a pirate faction friendly save)? I think I had one save with that big transport ship to smuggle illegal goods. That will pale in comparison to your Banu MM though, haha! I definitely look forward to running trading missions/blockade missions with you!

Just built a PC after about 5 years of not having one. I had a laptop but that was for web stuff only.
I bet that's really fun to game on. Was it your first built desktop? Did you consult any forums or friends?

We're super glad to have you onboard TEST!

Here's a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster!

Otto

Lieutenant
Feb 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Otto-x
Did you have several savegames with different roles (like a pirate faction friendly save)? I think I had one save with that big transport ship to smuggle illegal goods. That will pale in comparison to your Banu MM though, haha! I definitely look forward to running trading missions/blockade missions with you!
Ah I might have some on an old hard drive that's packed away. I haven't played in years but I just started fresh on the SP Discovery mod.

I bet that's really fun to game on. Was it your first built desktop? Did you consult any forums or friends?

We're super glad to have you onboard TEST!

Here's a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster!
No I started building computers when I was about 15. Most old 486 stuff then my first real one was an Athlon. At some point I had a voodoo 2 pre sli setup with onboard video. That was cool.

But with college and what not I decided to just use a laptop and not have a desktop.

I started with a few must have's: Haswell, Radeon. Then set a goal of the best 1080p I could get within my budget using my TV as a monitor. I ended up with an i3-4130 and a r9 270x. Total build cost $550. When Star Citizen launches I'll upgrade to an Xeon 1270v3 and a 290x (or equivalent at the time).

TestBot

Ghost
Nov 2, 2013
RSI Handle
TestBot
This can't possibly still be true. I'm 180 miles south of you, and the streets are covered in a few inches of snow.

Or cocaine. It's hard to tell. My nose is numb from the cold.
I may or may not have jinxed it. It was cold out today. But I promise I was walking around in short sleeve tshirts a week ago :(

starkestrel

Space Marshal
Nov 3, 2013
RSI Handle
starkestrel
I may or may not have jinxed it. It was cold out today. But I promise I was walking around in short sleeve tshirts a week ago :(
That means nothing. You're a web-bot. You walk around in short sleeve shirts while infiltrating the firewalls of the Pentagon.

(Everybody wave to the NSA.) *waves*

Reactions: TestBot

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
No I started building computers when I was about 15. Most old 486 stuff then my first real one was an Athlon. At some point I had a voodoo 2 pre sli setup with onboard video. That was cool.

But with college and what not I decided to just use a laptop and not have a desktop.

I started with a few must have's: Haswell, Radeon. Then set a goal of the best 1080p I could get within my budget using my TV as a monitor. I ended up with an i3-4130 and a r9 270x. Total build cost $550. When Star Citizen launches I'll upgrade to an Xeon 1270v3 and a 290x (or equivalent at the time).
It's certainly a useful skill to have.

Sounds like a really awesome hobby and a good balance of performance and getting your money's worth!

Otto

Lieutenant
Feb 6, 2014
RSI Handle
Otto-x
It's certainly a useful skill to have.

Sounds like a really awesome hobby and a good balance of performance and getting your money's worth!
Yep. It's good for now but when Star Citizen launches I'll upgrade to a Xeon 1270v3 and a 290x or whatever card can max it out at 1080p. Until then I'm set for anything else!

Reactions: Walex
Forgot your password?