Hi there... let me introduce myself

OverDhill

Ensign
Apr 17, 2016
RSI Handle
OverDhill
Hi everyone. I am new here but have been into sims for awhile now and more since I retired. I love immersion and with that in mind I created a custom simpit that is pretty universal so it can be used for sims like DCS and Freespace 2 Open and now Star Citizen.

I have been reworking my simpit for Star Citizen. Still a work in progress

My simpit is custom built and not from a kit. It consists of the following:

2 - GP-Wiz40 MAX USB Compatible Input Interface cards
1 - BU0836X 12-Bit Joystick Board
32 - Momentary push button with lights off Ebay
4 - Mushroom panic buttons off Ebay
6 - Potentiometers for Axis controls
1 - Wood for frame and work areas
1 - PVC pipe frame custom designed
1 - Thrustmaster Warthog Stick and Throttle
2 - Thrustmaster MFDs
1 - Saitek Pro Combat Pedals
1 - Custom made throttle extenstion for Warthog
1 - 39" HD Monitor
1 - 19" 4:3 Monitor
1 - Logitech keyboard and mouse
1 - TrackIR Head tracking system
1 - Custom hard card stock label templates (for each sim)

The custom controller is built from an old Ch products Pro Throttle handle with a mini joystick added to it. The two analog axis from the mini joystick are wired to my BU0836X 12-Bit Joystick Board and the buttons and main joystick are wired to one of my GP-Wiz40 MAX USB Compatible Input Interface cards

This was recently added to handle the strafing for Star Citizen as well as Descent Underground which both have 6DOF movement. Also the stick slides onto a Zippyy Arcade and Fight Stick with an added teflon sleeve. This is used for the AWSD functions for the FPS part of the game (I have used one of these controllers on my desktop system for years for all the FPS'ers I play).

For many flight sims you can extract and display gauges with Helios software by creating custom profiles. Star Citizen does not currently have that ability so I just created a backdrop screen to use with the Thrusmaster MFD's as well as some popup help screens. I am looking at what else I could add down the road.

This is the new custom controller built from an old Ch products Pro Throttle handle with a custom mini joystick. The two analog axis are wired to my BU0836X 12-Bit Joystick Board and the buttons and main joystick are wired to one of my GP-Wiz40 MAX USB Compatible Input Interface cards.

I also added a custom Helios screen for my second monitor to be used with the two Thrustmaster MFD's

Newly added popup screen for HOTAS control help during game

Well I finally got around to adding the tactile transducer and amp to my simpit. I have to say it is awesome and adds a lot of immersion to the game. I decided on a Dayton Audio SA100 100W Subwoofer Plate Amplifier and AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shaker Tactile Transducer from PartsExpress.com

The AuraSound is mounted on the bottom side of my Steelcase Computer chair I picked up at a going out of business sale from a small company local to me. It is a $700 chair as these are the ones we used at work. Never going to wear out. I got it for a steal.

Last edited:

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
wtf

welcome :D

Pondroid

Lieutenant
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Pondroid
Looks like all you need now are Crosswinds or the Slaw Device and an FSSB for your Warthog. Impressive setup man. I'm very jelly.

Snakey

Grand Admiral
Donor
Jul 15, 2015
RSI Handle
SNKYGMG
I'm so jealous! Wish I had something like that for dcs, it should keep me distracted from the master caution beeping and trimming the shut out of the remaining wing!

Welcome to test!

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Holy shit, that is an amazing setup. Welcome to TEST!

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Bloody gorgeous! I think perhaps you need to mass produce those for the test of us. Please and thank you. We'll pay in beer. Well, you'll get the beer regardless, but we're not going to tell you that until we all have the simpits.

Did I just tell him that? Dammit. Foiled again. *sigh* I hate being sober.

*grumble grumble* welcome to TEST. ;)

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
...I'll be in Zapp's bunk too. Don't knock.....unless you brought Pizza rolls. Then you're cool.
(Really makes me want to build the PVC monstrosity that has been kicking around my own head lately)

Reactions: CrudeSasquatch
Forgot your password?