hi there!

Silencer

Captain
Jan 16, 2019
RSI Handle
SilencerX
thanks again guys for the welcome!

maybe you can help me understand something - I was just "declined" for selling me a ship because I have only yesterday bought a ship off of ebay from the grey market, so I have no history...

honestly, it doesnt make sense to me, I mean what's the point?

If I can't buy ships, they how can I build a history? and what would change if I am a member here, if I really wanted to re-sell the ships I could still even after 3 months on the waitlist?

Sorry for the rant, but I just dont get it and it seems rather harsh...

StdDev

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 16, 2017
RSI Handle
StdDev
3rd party / grey market sales of game assets is a somewhat risky business. Sales from ebay and reddit vendors are unrelated to the 3 month policy here. The 3 month policy is only to keep someone from signing up just for ships and then taking off... which IS a bit insulting if you think about it. Ships will be available for a long time yet to come.. and new ships will be introduced, and if you take your time and plan things out you can obtain any ship you want/afford.

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
thanks again guys for the welcome!

maybe you can help me understand something - I was just "declined" for selling me a ship because I have only yesterday bought a ship off of ebay from the grey market, so I have no history...

honestly, it doesnt make sense to me, I mean what's the point?

If I can't buy ships, they how can I build a history? and what would change if I am a member here, if I really wanted to re-sell the ships I could still even after 3 months on the waitlist?

Sorry for the rant, but I just dont get it and it seems rather harsh...
You have to keep perspective in mind. Lots of people that sell their ships on here have been members for quite a long time and trust goes a long way especially when dealing with space pixels worth hundreds of dollars. A new person that has a 2 day old account on our forums does not have much reputation or trust built, be it good or bad or somewhere inbetween. It is entirely up to the seller whether they wish to proceed with the sale or not. Keep looking and best of luck to ya!

Silencer

Captain
Jan 16, 2019
RSI Handle
SilencerX
guys, thanks for the feedback - I do somewhat understand the motivations, and as the saying goes "when in Rome, do as the Romans..."

I get thet the selling of ships here is done between "friends" and is not provided as a service (like star-hangar or ebay), so it entails different aspects!

Oh well, I guess for now then it's a waiting game (and apparently lots of buying drinks... ;) ) till some ships come along! :)

again thank you for listening to my rant and sorry again!

looking forward to seeing ya guys in the 'verse!

Cheers!

DorianSkyphire

Space Marshal
Nov 29, 2016
RSI Handle
DorianSkyphire
yeah, this is definitely not a public ship selling service.. this is an org. with all of the friendships, camaraderie and team oriented mindset that goes with it. ships are sold here, but most are only selling to people that have demonstrated some kind of presence and loyalty to the org (not all, but most)

Forgot your password?