Hit 'em with our banjos and beer bottles!

TheWoad

ADI Spai
Feb 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Woady McWoadface
Shoooo I been thinkin'... And I been been readin'. Don't know how many of my fellow TESTies ever played Eve Online. Well in this cancerous "game" There are two very large, very powerful, VERY ANNOYING groups known as Goonswarm Federation and Test Alliance. And it looks like they're coming to SC.

"But Woad, why you gotta mention these highly functioning autists?"

Well, I'll tell you. Because we're gonna be fighting them. Forever. Goonswarm is legendary for their griefing, market manipulation and general asshattery. They're gonna pick a fight with us because it's what they do. Because we're a very large GUILD (heh) and they will be annoying. And I mention Test Alliance because we stole their name and now we gotta steal their women. And everything else.

Thoughts?

Orcharyu

Vice Admiral
Dec 31, 2015
RSI Handle
Papa_Thok
I am coming to Star Citizen to enjoy myself and the community. If I wanted petty drama, all I have to do is listen to my teenage daughter talking with her friends. Thank you for the heads up about other orgs trying to be asshats, but I am not going to make plans on dealing with them. It is simple, Test Squadron is going to simply smite the griefers and carry on. It is my belief that there is a strong enough core group in this org to make playing enjoyable. I am too low on the totem pole to have a say in things but I feel that there are enough people in the org with good intentions for the community that we will have a reliable QRF element to help if needed. I already now some org mates IRL and it will be only a text message to get me and my vessels logged on and enroute (provided I am not at work).

So, in other words, #$^% those guys, they don't mean %^$^&$.

edit: QRF - Quick Reaction Force i.e. Can O' Whoopass on call

Last edited:

Jhonon1

Space Marshal
Mar 1, 2015
RSI Handle
Jhon-On
Black Sunder, why is your posting always such quality that I end up reaching for that like button? Never knew i needed me a banjo duel, but there it be.

On the subject of the Autists; We seem to be aware. Not that it matters, for the BEES will swarm and shitpost however possible, but CIG knows. Unlike CCP, who specifically leave the universe for orgs to fuck, we have CIG who seems to be making that possible while also removing the whole Gallente Ice Interdiction and Burn Jita things.
What I recall their stance being is that community interaction and story-influencing is good, community Control is bad.
Hopefully they figure out how to do it right, between economic nodes rather than straight creation of goods etc.

If not Orcharyu points out that we will simply gather our beatsticks and drink them out fight them

Reactions: Black Sunder

TheWoad

ADI Spai
Feb 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Woady McWoadface
Black Sunder, why is your posting always such quality that I end up reaching for that like button? Never knew i needed me a banjo duel, but there it be.

On the subject of the Autists; We seem to be aware. Not that it matters, for the BEES will swarm and shitpost however possible, but CIG knows. Unlike CCP, who specifically leave the universe for orgs to fuck, we have CIG who seems to be making that possible while also removing the whole Gallente Ice Interdiction and Burn Jita things.
What I recall their stance being is that community interaction and story-influencing is good, community Control is bad.
Hopefully they figure out how to do it right, between economic nodes rather than straight creation of goods etc.

If not Orcharyu points out that we will simply gather our beatsticks and drink them out fight them
Ya Ive been looking around a lot at how successful the likes of Goon would be at their parasitic style of gameplay. I have high hopes for SC not being as copacetic as Eve, but we'll see. I guess the original point of this post was that, since we are big fish and will only get bigger, there will be war and I'm guessing Goon will probably be right at the front.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
Ya Ive been looking around a lot at how successful the likes of Goon would be at their parasitic style of gameplay. I have high hopes for SC not being as copacetic as Eve, but we'll see. I guess the original point of this post was that, since we are big fish and will only get bigger, there will be war and I'm guessing Goon will probably be right at the front.
Asteroids [CONCERN] me more than Goons. Its a fact that Asteroids have no motive for carrying out their wanton acts of destruction and are completely neutral in all other conflicts. What makes a space rock become neutral? Goons do their acts for their own amusement but an Asteroid?. They are literally cold hearted.

Also we have many more main members in TEST than the Goons in SC do.

Reactions: Orcharyu

TheWoad

ADI Spai
Feb 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Woady McWoadface
Asteroids [CONCERN] me more than Goons. Its a fact that Asteroids have no motive for carrying out their wanton acts of destruction and are completely neutral in all other conflicts. What makes a space rock become neutral? Goons do their acts for their own amusement but an Asteroid?. They are literally cold hearted.

Also we have many more main members in TEST than the Goons in SC do.
It's true that The Great Asteroid Menace represents the clearest threat to our way of life and beer supply and that they want to see us dead for no discernible reason. But Asteroids don't scream when they die. Asteroids don't shitpost on Reddit and 4chan about their bleeding anus's. Goons are just more fun to kill. And BTW exactly how many members does the swarm have? I haven't been able to find any numbers.

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
It's true that The Great Asteroid Menace represents the clearest threat to our way of life and beer supply and that they want to see us dead for no discernible reason. But Asteroids don't scream when they die. Asteroids don't shitpost on Reddit and 4chan about their bleeding anus's. Goons are just more fun to kill. And BTW exactly how many members does the swarm have? I haven't been able to find any numbers.
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/community/orgs/listing?sort=size_desc

Do a search for FLJK. Thats them. They have lost a significant portion of people since DS started his shit crusade against SC and got the Goons involved.

TheWoad

ADI Spai
Feb 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Woady McWoadface
466? That's all? I'm still wondering if they're all gonna migrate over from Eve when the PU drops. It may or may not happen. And that definately looks like Goon propaganda.

And I see Mittens himself has come over too. Probably just reserving the name though, but The Mittani is there!

Last edited:

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
466? That's all? I'm still wondering if they're all gonna migrate over from Eve when the PU drops. It may or may not happen. And that definately looks like Goon propaganda.

And I see Mittens himself has come over too. Probably just reserving the name though, but The Mittani is there!
They won't come over. Most are content to stay in Eve. Like I said they have lost a very large portion of their people since their peak. Used to be something like 1500.

Tancerlo

Vice Admiral
Jan 19, 2016
RSI Handle
Tancerlo
I think they're too invested, financially and otherwise, in EVE to move over to Star Citizen en masse.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
no one will be able to 'own' space, or the markets, so no worries

let 'em bring the fights, I signed up to do space combat

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I don't know why but after i watched that video i was completely terrified.:eek:
You think that's bad? Watch the rest of the movie.

chrizz

Digital Janitor
Staff member
Officer
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
chrizz
And I mention Test Alliance because we stole their name and now we gotta steal their women. And everything else.

Thoughts?
We didn't steal their name. @Montoya approached TEST Alliance leadership in 2012 and asked if it was ok to start up a TEST group for SC. Their were like "meh, nobody cares about SC".

The TEST branding has it's origins on reddit, and there are a lot of other TEST gaming clans for other games.

Of course from the point of view of TEST Alliance now (with total different leadership as in 2012) it would seem that we stole "their" name.

Forgot your password?