Holy Cow

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
So I have been away from SC for a bit, 8-ish months to be exact.

I watched the gameplay demo from CitizenCon and must say that more than any previous demo this one impressed me most because it finally showed a first person walkthrough from one planet to another in an entirely different star system, showed weather, survival and other tech, covered a lot of different aspects of gameplay, in a demo that was much better thought out than anything we had previously seen - even the Squadron 42 demo which I thought was spectacular.

This latest demo, more than anything, for me, demonstrated that SC is on the right track, that the tech is advancing, and they appear to be making better large scale business decisions which is important for the long term viability of the eco-system they have built and are building. If I was a believer before I am now nearly an evangelist.

MicroTech was amazing, and will probably be my personal base of operations as soon as that fleshes out.

Just a mind-bogglingly cool and smooth demo with, for the first time, a fairly small amount of hiccups.

Our dreams continue to slowly come true - what a great time to be into space sims!

'Gimp

Esctasy

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2018
RSI Handle
Esctasy
I'm also looking forward to MicroTech. And also our accounts won't be wiped anymore once 3.8 is live. Well that's the plan at least haha

Reactions: Blind Owl

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
Just adding, I was able to spend about 30-40 minutes running around ArcCorp after suffering some disconnects (all on my side, not SC), and I am blown away by the improvements in overall stability, the flying tram to the convention center was cool although the RSI display was a little underwhelming (a static Polaris would have been cool), checked out the spaceport, really cool as well.

Love the Blade Runner vibe in the outdoor areas, WifeyGimp was impressed too, said it looked great.

Glad I didn't have to fly anywhere, still need to build a new control profile but really impressed.

'Gimp

Forgot your password?