Homebrewing....sorta

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
Been a homebrewer for a while, but I've also been spending a lot of money recently on seltzer as my doc told me...NO MORE CAFFEINE... I admit, I had a serious Diet Coke addition, but I've cleaned up my act.

Unfortunately, that has resulted in me downing seltzer by the liter...at least 1 L a day, at about $1 a L. (9-10L a week) That means over the past 3 months, I've spent over $120 bucks just on fizzy water.

Apparently, I've been having a brain fart for the past several months, but after researching soda carbonators (think soda stream), I realized I've had the ability to make homemade seltzer all along. I'll just make it by the keg full by having water under pressure like you would force carbonate beer (I prefer kreuzening tvs force carbonation)

Just set up my first batch, so we will see how this goes.

I've also decided what I am going to do with that old chest freezer the previous owner left in the basement, provided it still works after sitting 15 years. I am going to turn it into a kreezer. That way, I will be able to have cold seltzer on tap, plus I would still have room for another keg or two of beer, with very little additional expense on my part.

Forgot your password?