How did you vote in the next wave 4 ship poll, and why?

How did you vote in the next wave 4 ship poll?

• Search and Rescue

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Passenger Liner/ Transport

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Boarding/ Assault

Votes: 13 37.1%
  • Recon

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • I didn't, because I'm a free spirit on the wind

Votes: 2 5.7%

• Total voters

Raggy

Commander
Jun 9, 2014
RSI Handle
TheRaggy
I've been voting for boarding & assault ship since the votes for wave 4 ships have been live.

<snip> , then bring the pain to those who prefer no lube when being entered. :D
You had me at lube...

You have my sword (not the pork kind and more of a gun to be fair)

Choppanob

Space Marshal
Jul 10, 2014
RSI Handle
Choppanob
Me is being selfish. and picked the Boarding/Assault.
Because that ship would be the only one from those four i could see myself piloting, or be part of the boarding crew.

Reactions: Designated Drunk
Jun 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Killbuni
I signed up for the flight sim action, not the FPS stuff

I voted Recon ship
we need damn good pilots to get the arse kickers into the space station or onto the bengal, then let the hounds of drunken hordes out to rape (oops take over) the bengal for the glory of crashing into the sunand the tasting of those sweet org tears and we destroy there hopes and dreams.

Designated Drunk

Space Marshal
Feb 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Designated_Drunk
Me is being selfish. and picked the Boarding/Assault.
Because that ship would be the only one from those four i could see myself piloting, or be part of the boarding crew.
Phew, glad I wasn't the only one... A lot of people seem to say "but we already have the Cutlass and the Redeemer will be coming out", but I don't see the Cutlass as being designed as a boarding/assault ship, though it may fare well in that role. And the Redeemer I thought was pretty much just for delivery of ground troops and planetside combat support.

Was anyone else disappointed to see that the minelayer/minesweeper option was not at all popular and got removed? Many complained that the mechanic was useful only for griefing, which I can potentially see, but the thought of a minelayer/minesweeper sounds too interesting of a ship type to just trash the concept.

The Chaos Pope

Grand Admiral
Nov 16, 2013
RSI Handle
The_Chaos_Pope
Was anyone else disappointed to see that the minelayer/minesweeper option was not at all popular and got removed?
As interesting as minelaying would be to deny an area of space from travel, the basic mechanics of the game with non-persistent items means that not only would you have to have someone hanging out in the instance where you dropped your mine field(s) or they would disappear makes the concept moot.

The only minefields that would be useful would have to be laid inside an area either experiencing an active conflict or soon to expect fighting. Or griefing, I suppose.

Designated Drunk

Space Marshal
Feb 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Designated_Drunk
As interesting as minelaying would be to deny an area of space from travel, the basic mechanics of the game with non-persistent items means that not only would you have to have someone hanging out in the instance where you dropped your mine field(s) or they would disappear makes the concept moot.

The only minefields that would be useful would have to be laid inside an area either experiencing an active conflict or soon to expect fighting. Or griefing, I suppose.
Well, my primary line of thinking is simply that regardless of game mechanics, I'd like a minelayer/minesweeper ship just to see what CIG would design as an analogue to modern ship design, just like all the other purpose-intended hulls.

As far as actual game mechanics, I trust that CIG would be able to come up with something that was well-balanced and not just a griefing tool. I can imagine minelayers as being useful for protecting mining and salvage operations. Imagine TEST manages to find an old derelict Bengal wreck out in deep space, but the hull is going to need a good bit of repair work just to get it moved to a safe location. I'd definitely want a minelayer or two to put down a protective screen to prevent incursions while we deploy Crucibles to get the wreck moving under its own power.

Plus, I think people entirely overlooked the mineSWEEPER part of the description - detecting and destroying mines sounds like a pretty cool task in SC. Heck, there's a crappy 2D version of this that has consumed millions of otherwise productive hours worldwide...

Reactions: [EGTID]Killbuni-
Forgot your password?