How does one get added to the Streamers group?

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
Probably a stupid question, and to be honest if I wasn't terrible at searching forums and well Goodle in general, I'd have probably figured it out for my self. But I didn't so I'm asking my loving and caring members of TEST. I have a new Twitch Channel that I intend to use for live streams, and as some of you know I also have a YouTube Channel that will host the Twitch live streams along with edited videos.

Oh and I subscribed to the TEST Streaming page on Twitch.

Reactions: Thraesh and Vavrik

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
There aren't actually any stupid questions. I don't know the answer to the question I just waited a year to be able to say that.

• Love
Reactions: Thraesh

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
Step 1) Be an actual streamer.

Way too many people want to be added, then stream twice and never do it again once they realized they only got 5 viewers.

If its something you intend to do regularly, let me know, Ill add you!
It's my intent to not only stream to twitch but I'm also cross polinating videos between Twitch and YouTube, so today's mining run will be uploaded once it's finished. I didn't stream the mining run because I thought it would be better edited, hindsight being 20/20, It would have made a good stream. I'm planning on getting on and streaming later tonight. Is there a policy around streaming, perhaps a frequency I should aim toward? This is usually a good way to create a schedule around what's going to be streamed vs. what's going to be recorded. Also if anybody has any data around best times to stream that would be useful. Finally, I'm not only terrible at searching, but I put titles in videos that make sense to me, which means nobody will find them. So, I could use suggestions in that area as well.

Thanks,

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
“Intent”, “Would have”, “Nobody will find them”

While I don’t want to dissuade you it’s worth while building your own thing so that you have a product to offer, rather than just the plans to do so.

There’s nothing to prevent you from associating yourself with TEST on your own channel and once you’re into a regular pattern, maybe that’s the time to be added?

Last edited:

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
“Intent”, “Would have”, “Nobody will find them”

While I don’t want to dissuade you it’s worth while building your own thing so that you have a product to offer, rather than just the plans to do so.
I don't mind waiting a bit until I've produced more content. Whatever you're more comfortable with @Montoya we've just met and you have no reason to believe that I'll stick with anything I've said.

I've been in one form of video production or another since 1997 and I've been a YouTuber since 2015. I currently make a supplemental income off of a Family Vlog that's brings in enough to cover the occasional vacation or un-expected expense. The Game Channel is a new project that was conceived a while ago but that I've become active with in the last 8-12 months. That channel currently has 89 videos, with the 90th nearly being complete. As a family we also have 2 other channels, and we are currently attempting to make 3 of them profitable.

Anyway, the point in the above is to say that I'm not new to this and I wouldn't be asking if I didn't fully intend to continue adding content to both Twitch and YouTube. Right now I'm working out how to properly market both using keywords, effective titles and descriptions. This is an area I struggle in and that we've considered hiring a professional to help us with marketing on our Family Vlog. At any rate, my intent with Twitch is to reach a broader audience in an attempt to draw subscribers to The Game Channel and potentially monetize my Twitch Channel if that's even possible.

Several things drew me to TEST two of which are the reasons why I am asking to be a part of the streaming group.

First Montoya encouraged me to continuing working on The Game Channel despite its slow progress simply by the fact that we're the same age and that his content is mature. I am utterly sick of the YouTubers my kids watch with the constant shouting and never ending random noises they put in their videos. Montoya's content shows that there is an audience out there for those of us who are a part of Gen X and don't want to scream into a microphone for 10 minutes.

Second, we seem to have a group of content creaters in TEST and I'd like to be able to get useful advice when needed, in addition to looking at how they're doing things differently. IE, maybe I need to change something. For example, I had a conversation with Montoya a few weeks ago. While Montoya didn't directly suggest I make a How To Mine Video for Star Citizen he did point out that people seem to like videos involving ship loadouts, stragety, etc. which influenced me to do this.

Anyway, I'm rambling on, I'm gonna stop now. :)

August

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Aug 27, 2018
RSI Handle
August-TEST
Don’t make me interrupt giving him this back rub to admonish you all for sucking up to the boss.

LoicFarris

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 1, 2019
RSI Handle
LoicFarris
I think you missed one or two links in that.
Haha! Well, I'm thorough when I make a point... that's at least one way to put it!

I can't take the pressure anymore!

OK FINE!

Im adding you!
ROFL, no pressure intended, I read yours and @August posts and the first thought through my mind was "CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!"

Forgot your password?