How exactly would I sell a ship?

wit.fwd

Lieutenant
Nov 22, 2020
RSI Handle
PrincipeCapio
I'm prepping for christmas and I'd need a lot of money to buy gifts and I might sell my carrack in the coming weeks, would I just send an invoice (how would I even do that lol) to the person requesting to buy the ship? And once the person pays the invoice, then I gift the ship to the same PayPal email that they have? Would it be friends and personal or goods transaction type?

Sorry if this is not allowed here, feel free to delete it otherwise.

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Quick Tutorial :
PayPal invoicing is not asking directly for money. You are making an invoice (Transfers tab > Send an Invoice), which offers better protection if it goes wrong after.

If you use PayPal invoicing, first make a 0.01$ invoice, so you can check buyer's details when invoice is paid and if you are covered by PayPal seller's protection. There used to be a way to check if someone is verified directly through PayPal, this is the only way now.

Once this is checked you can make the final invoice.

It is preferable if you send the gift to the same PayPal address, in some countries it is required to be covered by protection for digital items sells.

Also you need to include your own Terms and Conditions in the PayPal invoice for the final object, something like this (borrowed and aggregated from multiple sellers) :

This invoice is for digital good for the game Star Citizen.

By accepting this invoice you agree to accept that this item will not be exchangeable or refundable.
You also agree to accept the purchase of a virtual item for the price listed above in USD and no other currency.
If payment has not been received within 24 hours of this invoice, the invoice will be canceled and no sale will be made.
You are required to provide the information for where the virtual item will need to be sent.

On payment received, ship/modules will be sent to the PayPal address provided if no other address was provided.

Virtual goods that were gifted by the seller (me) and claimed by the buyer (you) cannot be returned due to the gifting mechanism existing on www.robertsspaceindustries.com, hence there will be no refunds once the invoice is paid for and gift is claimed.

Buyer agrees to the above terms on payment.

edit : you would need to add PayPal fees also if you want the buyer to cover them, you can check PayPal fees which will apply here : https://www.paypal.com/us/webapps/mpp/merchant-fees?locale.x=en_US
For US domestic its 2.9% + 0.30$ fixed fee.
For US invoicing to international it is 4.4% (2.9+1.5) + 0.30$ fixed fee.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?