How I would make The ARGO COMPLETE PACK 2952 LTI?

Patrick Spaceman

Grand Admiral
Oct 4, 2020
RSI Handle
Patrick_Spaceman

RoosterRage

Captain
Donor
Jul 16, 2022
RSI Handle
RoosterRage
You have 10 actual years of insurance after the game goes live in 5-10 years from now so why worry about 10 years insurance that won't matter for another 15-20 years from now as the game will probably have shut down at that point or you moved on to something else (in all honesty I will probably not even be alive at this point at my age} and LTI is a very minor money sink in the game and if you can't afford insurance after 10 years of playing you have done something terribly wrong.

Brictoria

Rear Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
CCU MPUV Cargo/Personnel > 315p/Reliant Kore

CCU 315p/Reliant Kore (with LTI) > Nomad -- (they're going for like $50 right now)

Suffer the loss of your MPUV and cherish your LTI pack
The sacrifice may not be too bad - The LTI MPUV Cargo seems to pop up with some regularity as a referral bonus, so you can possibly "recover" it through that.

It would be nice to see the return of somethng like the Aurora ES (as offered with 3.13 free-fly) with a quantum drive as the referral bonus, rather than the Dragonfly\Hoverquad\MPUV-1C that seems to be their preference, though.

Reactions: Drowez and Ltmifune

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I think i've got some LTI Argo cargo and personnel in buy back if you were desperate to get one. I'd have to buy it back with money and I pay vat here in the uk so it would be 20% overpriced.

Reactions: Drowez and Ltmifune

Brictoria

Rear Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
As the game has quite some time to go until it releases (and insurance becomes implemented\useful\required), there are a couple of other options you may wish to consider:
  • The expensive option: You could hold off until the next Argo ship is released, at which time there is the chance that another of these packs may be made available that can be purchased "warbond" (real money, not store credit) and comes with LTI.
  • The less expensive option: You could investigate the world of CCU chains. and "recreate" the equivalent of this pack. To do this, you would simply need to acquire 5 cheap LTI ships (whether though purchasing directly, or through "referral bonuses" - 1 would need to have an RRP\MSRP of $30 or less, another $35 or less, while the other 3 can be more "valuable") and either buy a direct "upgrade" from the cheap LTI ship to the target ship ("melt" the pack and using its credit value), or slowly buy disount "Warbond" (real $) CCU's which can be used as intermediate steps from the cheap LTI starting point to the target final ship - There are a couple of these "steps" currently available in the store that could help towards the MOLE: one for $5 that could be used to save $25, and another that could save $20, but which could be somewhat speculative or expensive.... More of these "steps" will be offered throughtout the year (mostly in May and November).

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
I thought I did. The cargos are still there.

For some reason my Argo personel transports have disappeared from my buybacks?!?!?!

1679825761510.png

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
You have 10 actual years of insurance after the game goes live in 5-10 years from now so why worry about 10 years insurance that won't matter for another 15-20 years from now as the game will probably have shut down at that point or you moved on to something else (in all honesty I will probably not even be alive at this point at my age} and LTI is a very minor money sink in the game and if you can't afford insurance after 10 years of playing you have done something terribly wrong.
this hasnt been confirmed yet. it could be 10 years in game.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
CCU MPUV Cargo/Personnel > 315p/Reliant Kore

CCU 315p/Reliant Kore (with LTI) > Nomad -- (they're going for like $50 right now)

Suffer the loss of your MPUV and cherish your LTI pack
If i were you id wait till there was a LTI CCU warbond(if it ever happens again)

Doc Flanigan

Vice Admiral
Donor
Mar 27, 2021
RSI Handle
Doc_Flanigan
Do you have the link to the post?
From this episode of Calling All Devs. Rob Reininger, Lead Technical Designer, said that all timers will be real world time, not in-game time. 6 month insurance will last 6 real world months. It sounds like they're not planning on doing a 24 hour token system or calculating insurance based on in-game time.

This is opposite from what Chris Roberts shared previously in this episode of 10 for the chairman.

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
While I don't feel like going through the effort of looking it up, Todd Pappy has also stated on camera that insurance is real-world time. Given that the SC universe runs at 10:1 in game/real world time, nothing else really makes sense.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
From this episode of Calling All Devs. Rob Reininger, Lead Technical Designer, said that all timers will be real world time, not in-game time. 6 month insurance will last 6 real world months. It sounds like they're not planning on doing a 24 hour token system or calculating insurance based on in-game time.

This is opposite from what Chris Roberts shared previously in this episode of 10 for the chairman.
While I don't feel like going through the effort of looking it up, Todd Pappy has also stated on camera that insurance is real-world time. Given that the SC universe runs at 10:1 in game/real world time, nothing else really makes sense.
Thanks you 2 for the info i'll have to watch through to refresh myself. I didn't watch to much calling all devs so definitely would have missed it. I wouldnt be surprised if they flip flopped again in the future.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
I thought I did. The cargos are still there.

For some reason my Argo personel transports have disappeared from my buybacks?!?!?!

View attachment 24248
im confused your screenshot shows your mpuv cargos and they say buy back. If they are missing though check your log to ensure you didnt get hacked and someone stole them from your buybacks.

Brictoria

Rear Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
im confused your screenshot shows your mpuv cargos and they say buy back. If they are missing though check your log to ensure you didnt get hacked and someone stole them from your buybacks.
The problem is there are 2 different MPUV's in the game.

BUTUZ was saying he is missing the buybacks for this:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/argo/MPUV-Personnel

The screenshots included are for this:
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/ships/argo/MPUV-Cargo

They use the same "ship" but have a different module\"pod" attached to the rear.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Forgot your password?