How Important is a Handle Name? and How did you come up with your RSI name?

rogesh

Space Marshal
Oct 25, 2014
RSI Handle
rogesh
well it was my first own created character in wow. got a litle history behinde it. it was an undead and my brother and me wanted to rp undead brothers with the names pain and shadow. since these names where taken we had the brilliant idea to use the language of the undead. He was Nostyec (pain) and i was his shadow (Rogesh). i rarely find that this name is taken so i use it since.... 2007 i think

im always the rogue kind of guy. if there is a way without fighting i'll try it XD

ghost53574

Space Marshal
Oct 8, 2014
RSI Handle
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/citizens/xgh0st
I used to play video games competitively for Rainbox Six Vegas 2 for a brief instance of time and I would always play mind games with people firing my weapon then running around to a totally different spot and pulling off headshots shortly there-after. I also like to pull pranks on my friends and they always said "Man you're like a ghost" so the name stuck.

The numbers at the end are four odd and one even with the four odd numbers two increments apart while the even is three. I just thought it was funny plus it made the name unique.

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
Been using Anti-Squeaker forever, since I decided to be rebellious at my nickname "squeaky" in middle school for my Diablo handle.

ThomSirveaux

Space Marshal
Sep 12, 2014
RSI Handle
Thom_Sirveaux
I've been a fan of MST3K since childhood, but Tom Servo and Crow T Robot were both taken in the WoW-verse. So I tried "Thom Sirveaux" and it worked.

Was also a lot better than "Ghost Jedai" which is what I used to go by (and still do, on some forums) when I was but a very nerdy, awkward teenager.

ROBINSON

Grand Admiral
May 8, 2014
RSI Handle
R0BINS0N
Mine was reeeeaaaallly hard, it's Robinson or R0BINS0N (in-game), too many years of playing arma/2/3 so going by my real life surname just stuck.

Nuke

Captain
Nov 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Nuke
came up with nuke back when i was 12 for xbox live, been going by it ever since. changing would just feel wrong at this point.

Walex

Space Marshal
Jan 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Walex
Well "Citizen 404" was taken already...

Strangely "Godwick" was also taken...

Nah, well, Alex is my first name and my last name starts with a "W." I did find out years after using it in PerfectDark64 and Jedi Knight/Outcast/Academy that it was already a Star Wars name (although it's probably not cannon anymore...). Definitely my go to handle for most games. I think I have the most active "Walex" account on Steam, but I couldn't get it for gmail (too short) or twitter, which was sad. I wanted to make sure I was never late to the name game if I could help it!

Apparently it's also a brand of sanitation products? Strange...

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
Hi, I'm going to just read the title and go on a rant about Valkyrie. Valkyrie is evil. She has an itchy trigger finger. She does not know she is hated, because she bans anyone who speaks out. She made me change my RSI name to thegrammarpolice and I will never forgive her for it because she is yucky.

Moving on, I picked my name because it's a pun I've used for years. Probably first made it back in 2008 and have used it since.

TypeO

Space Marshal
Aug 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Privateer
Privateer, after the best space game ever made.

Texelis

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 3, 2014
RSI Handle
Texelis
I was reading Cody Starbuck comics when I pledged. He was a 70's Space Pirate... seemed to fit; and my first name is Cody.

I don't put too much stock in building an online gaming rep. I swap names almost every game. I guess Cody's Coinpurse would be a regular handle, as it's both my Xbox and PSN name.

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
Dalarast - Created this name back before some people were probably born. Have used it in the early 90s when I played D&D and megatraveler as my go-to name for characters. It is NOT original as I took two characters that I enjoyed and combined them from Margret Weis and Tracy Hickman's Dragonlance world. Dalamar and Raistlin.

The name has been used as my online login for all games and most forums ever since. If you google it you can even find old Dark Forces character that I create a long long time ago that someone posted on Geocities or something. You can also determine I love surfing, beer making, own a VW, and consider myself a part-time prepper ;)

Last edited:

rogesh

Space Marshal
Oct 25, 2014
RSI Handle
rogesh
It is NOT original as I took two characters that I enjoyed and combined them from Margret Weis and Tracy Hickman's Dragonlance world. Dalamar and Raistlain.
Raislain..... i read a book with him in it :O im gona go re-read it now XD

Reactions: Dalarast

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
Raislain..... i read a book with him in it :O im gona go re-read it now XD
If he is in it... it's going to be a great book. Unless it was the prelude sextant... then.. yeah.. they sucked unless your fiending for something Dragonlance.

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
truer words have never been spoken.
My first xbox live handle was huegpaynis. Xbox made me change it after about 3 years, but I still use it in a lot of places because I'm an edgelord who's edgy.
Make of that what you will.

Forgot your password?