How long until 3.2? And how much of an improvement will it be?

MegaMonkey

Vice Admiral
Sep 12, 2017
RSI Handle
MegaMonkey
TL;DR: It seems there is still quite a bit of work (around 60%?) until they can roll out 3.2, any guess on when it will be? (yeah Q2, but WHEN?). Also how many of the current gameplay issues will be fixed? (not just new content added).

.Begin:
So... My current play time in SC has been doing the following:
1)Go to the drug lab and load up on goods. In case of other players there, stay in ship until they leave (or shoot at my ship with their rifle, in which case apply pressure to RMB).
2)Fly to GH/Levski and sell your loot.
3)Fail to sell it all in one batch.
4)Sell around 1k worth.
5)Repeat 4 until all is sold or undefined error happens for small values too.
6)Log out, next log in go to 4.
7)Try to leave Levski but no pads are available... Log out and return another day.

I did "some" delivery missions just for a change of pace, but for reasons unbeknownst to me, those tend to turn into pvp often. Which I don't like in the current state of performance/being unable to take over other person's ship after you killed them.

So... When can I/we expect a change to have more things to do in the game/being able to do the current things offered as intended? Because also the pickup missions of "go get a black box from a crashed ship" usually ends with me staring at an asteroid for 2 min, then doing laps around it just so I can enjoy the view before giving up on the mission because the way point is INSIDE the damn thing...

I guess I'm ranting a lot, sorry ._. But really, I went to look at the roadmap on RSI and it didn't cheer me up much... the things planned for Q2 still got a long way to go, and I was hoping to get something in a month or so... but my guess is ~2 months at least? any better guess?

Also I can't say I can make a connection from generic titles like "Network code fixes to improve performance.", how much of an improvement is it? is this a big leap towards a stable +30fps? not so much? at least we will stop having those sudden dips into single digits every now and then?. They have a good progress on the new planet Hurston (about 70% finished?) which is nice, but that's for Q3, not sure how long they have been working on it, so I can't guess what's their rate of progress on average...

But anyway, the wait is killing me, and I need more SC in my life...
:banana:

Crymsan

Space Marshal
Mar 10, 2016
RSI Handle
Crymsan
"The wait is killing me". Given that we are talking years I would breath out slowly. Do not expect a ground breaking patch or update, there have been these before and they do not do so from 2.0 to 3.0 etc. Sure things get added they also break old things that worked it is alpha development seems slow. 6 months ago you could not do a delivery mission.

Star citizen is currently at a place you can go in to have a look. If you want to dedicate to a game go for a released one and you will be all the happier and less likely to die.

MegaMonkey

Vice Admiral
Sep 12, 2017
RSI Handle
MegaMonkey
Star citizen is currently at a place you can go in to have a look. If you want to dedicate to a game go for a released one and you will be all the happier and less likely to die.
Well true enough, I am not judging it for having things broken etc. I am just asking when can we expect the next "meaningful" step in the right direction. Because from what I have seen on 3.0 and 3.1, the game is in a state of "come have a look" and enjoy what you can, but to me it just makes me feel I want more, and I'm not sure how much time is needed to advance from here (i.e. after you had your look around, how long should one put this game on hold).

Printimus

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Dec 22, 2015
RSI Handle
Printimus
Q2 should be the end of June, seeing as how they rolled out the Q1 patch at the end of March. Dont get upset if EVERYTHING is not fixed. Its a work in progress.They still have over 1.5 months to get shit in line for 3.2.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
As for when, I'm guessing June 29, 2018. As for how much of an improvement? I'm praying that it will be much better than not if all that they have presently listed is completed in time. I'm most looking forward to the new 600i, the Avenger reworks & to see how well the mining will function.

Reactions: Bambooza

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Well... Am I at least allowed to pout?
If you plan on pouting, then I hope that you have a Prospector & they manage to get the mining ability functioning so that you can pout all you want by yourself while cheering yourself up by mining a meager profit.

Reactions: Bambooza

MegaMonkey

Vice Admiral
Sep 12, 2017
RSI Handle
MegaMonkey
If you plan on pouting, then I hope that you have a Prospector & they manage to get the mining ability functioning so that you can pout all you want by yourself while cheering yourself up by mining a meager profit.
Don't have a prospector... since as far as I know currently you can't mine anything, wasn't going to buy it just so it can gather dust in the hanger :(

Reactions: Talonsbane
Forgot your password?