How to shoot your friends and influence people

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
I just had to laugh. Nothing against Dan, but every time I watch him, he does something totally bone-headed and usually dies from it. Despite these guys all know they should be and move together they do not. Despite they know they need to look in different directions they go up stairs backward with no one looking forward. Despite they're there for a fight they don't wear armor. Despite they know they're likely to shoot each other they do anyway. They shoot and then wonder if they should. Their comms don't work. They're not all synched so some can't use things like doors. When they have a guy at the bottom of a staircase with a sign in the way, Dan retreats so he can't hit but can be hit. And really, what was the guy thinking who stepped in front of Dan while he was shooting? Was it something like "hey, time to die"?

I just had to laugh and I thought maybe we need a thread for folks who stumble around shooting their friends. Bwahahahah.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2YfgMtiMTgk

Chi

Captain
Jul 14, 2016
RSI Handle
Chi
Ahhhhhhhh, ohh dear, :) I wish you hadn't put this up, I may vent a bit :) I hardly watch any of Dan's vidz anymore, too painful. Please note I don't regard myself as any sort of hot gamer, but he proclaims some lofty objective or theme then stumbles around and gets distracted by just about anything, and appears to have the integrity of a politician. If I'm desperate for a SC vid I may watch one of his, hoping it won't drive me batshit. I don't have to admire someone or their playing abilities to enjoy their vid, I can very much relate to groping around a bit to get a handle on the game.
BUT as far as I can see he is basically a random shooter, yeah some pretext is given, sorry it's total BS to me That's the main reason I don't watch his stuff, the overwhelming evidence is already in. I'll very likely die (repeatedly), but any (every) time I'm not committed to some group action and I see him in game on foot (I surely will die then :) ) or in space I'm going to shoot until one of us is dead. For me blowing up empty ships that don't belong to absolute enemies makes you KOS.

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Well, I don't like to be critical of the guy's playing, but everything you said is true. It is fun for me to watch because I know with three guys who work as a team, we can easily kill six guys like this in this vid and not take a scratch. And just saying, it is Dan who I saw shoot a guy at point blank range with his shotgun and then stop shooting, and the guy shot him and killed him because the guy was wearing armor. If Dan had kept shooting until his target was down, he would not have died. Dan never figured this out. He blamed the shotgun and won't use them anymore. Dan is also the guy who emptied his entire pistol into a guy while he was piloting a Star-G, and the guy ignored him because he never knew he was being shot. Such is what you get when you bring a pistol to a gunfight.

Small team or squad tactics start with deciding who is going to call the shots, who is going to face which way, who is going to direct the team. These guys were never a team to begin with. Look at how they dance around completely independent of each other. It's like watching I2 year olds at play. Here is where we can learn what not to do and why.

Pick it up at time index I0M for Dan whacking his teammate. He's just been patting them on the back for "covering the angles" like "Seal Team Three". Guess what? Seal Team members don't shoot each other.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Well, I don't like to be critical of the guy's playing, but everything you said is true. It is fun for me to watch because I know with three guys who work as a team, we can easily kill six guys like this in this vid and not take a scratch. And just saying, it is Dan who I saw shoot a guy at point blank range with his shotgun and then stop shooting, and the guy shot him and killed him because the guy was wearing armor. If Dan had kept shooting until his target was down, he would not have died. Dan never figured this out. He blamed the shotgun and won't use them anymore. Dan is also the guy who emptied his entire pistol into a guy while he was piloting a Star-G, and the guy ignored him because he never knew he was being shot. Such is what you get when you bring a pistol to a gunfight.

Small team or squad tactics start with deciding who is going to call the shots, who is going to face which way, who is going to direct the team. These guys were never a team to begin with. Look at how they dance around completely independent of each other. It's like watching I2 year olds at play. Here is where we can learn what not to do and why.

Pick it up at time index I0M for Dan whacking his teammate. He's just been patting them on the back for "covering the angles" like "Seal Team Three". Guess what? Seal Team members don't shoot each other.
A small amount of urban op training goes a long long ways towards gaming like this. Understanding how to enter a door/building (stacking drills), room clearance, how to hold your gun etc. It's been years since I've done the training, but they call it "drills" because they drill it into your head. Muscle memory. It's hard to forget.

Reactions: AstroSam
Forgot your password?