Huge sell list, but only selling one cause of credit buy back

Hero9012

Space Marshal
Dec 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Hero9012
So I will be selling a majority of my investments quarterly till they are all gone.

Currently I have the Exploration Mega pack for $895
Starfarer Gemini LTI $240
Misc Prospector LTI $140
A redeemer 6month
Sabre 6 month
Vanguard six month

**I also have the Polaris LTI

The six months I'm willing to sell at a discount. The redeember and vanguard $175, Sabre $150.

Obviously I'm trying to get rid o my mega pack first because $$$. I will cover the paypal fee or the Mega pack, everything else will have to be figured, if i remember right it's 2.9% plust .30

I'm trying to sell ASAP because I got a new job promotion and need to buy equipment. Thanks for the help.

Last edited:

makute

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
VishMainha
YFYI Hero9012, you can sell anything on your buy back. You don't need to wait for the "Buy Back Token" to refresh, as you'll need to buy the ships/packages with cash anyway if you want to gift them.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
This confuses me with buy backs. If I have a 200$ ship in my buy back and I want to sell it, I have to spend 200$ buying it back, then I sell it on here and get $200 but I have not made any money because I had to spend $200 to get the $200 back - and all I've ended up doing is losing a ship in buy back? Confused

Doyzer

Space Marshal
Donor
Jan 31, 2017
RSI Handle
Doyzer
This is correct, you have to sell it on reddit or be like me and sell everything via Star Hangar to earn a profit. You have to be careful of scams so that is why I use Star Hangar. They do the heavy lifting.

StdDev

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 16, 2017
RSI Handle
StdDev
Yeah. I didn't think that through. Im still willing to do buybacks. I got called into work and couldn't get on
Are you sure about the price on the Starfarer Gemini?
That is an unbelievable price... and when something seems too good to be true....

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
Well, he needs money for equipment, so wouldn't selling his store credit work out best for him? He's going to lose some money because people will only want to buy it at 70% value, but then he gets to keep his ships and things in his buybacks. He just got a promotion, he just needs some work equipment. He'll earn the money back in no time.

makute

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
VishMainha
Some of the ship sales made here comes from users answering a petition from another Testie. Most of them are made with zero profit, which says a lot about this awesome community :)

The next explanation is made under a mercantilist point of view, and is how most established sellers work.

To make any profit from the sales of original concept ships (OC from now on), you need to add a mark up, and/or find a loophole that allows to buy them at a discount.
I.e.: last year, the Brexit effect on British Pounds exchange rate, along with CIG's store working system, allowed to buy ships at around 20% discount.
Later, you could sell those OC ships "at cost" to make a 20% profit. Rarer or limited ships can be sold at higher prices, but long gone are the times when Super Hornets could be sold at $300.

CCU'd ship sales works slightly different. First, you need to stock on unexpensive LTI Tokens (say, Dragonflies, P72, 85X, etc.) and upgrades to limited ships ($0 value CCU's works best.).
Later, you can use a upgrade bought with credits on a LTI Token bought with cash, retaining the giftability of the new ship.
This CCU'd ships sell price use to be slightly under the "store price", but it's a great way to get rid of an ungiftable fleet.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Aah so if you buy the lti token (argocargo?) back with cash and then apply the upgrade ccu with store credits you can gift it? I never knew that!!!

makute

Space Marshal
Jun 2, 2016
RSI Handle
VishMainha
Yep. That's the keystone of SC grey market sales.

Aah so if you buy the lti token (argocargo?) back with cash and then apply the upgrade ccu with store credits you can gift it? I never knew that!!!
He's just selling it at his original cost. I don't see anything wrong on it. Apart from being an insanely great price, that's it :)

Atomise

Grand Admiral
Jul 10, 2019
RSI Handle
Atomise
Hi mate. No problem . I have been a backer since 2014. Was with xplor since then. Joined test recently and montoya knows me and I basically followed cosmic and devil here. I also brought my brother across from xplor to here. What other info would you like to know? Yes km very aware when the post was dated. Just desperate to get the orion now as I have the funds. Also I would rather keep the ship in test. I have even been asking now people selling in 2015. That's how much I want the orion. Thanks mate

Forgot your password?