Which hauler do I go with?

• Total voters

felyxsnow

Commander
Donor
Dec 17, 2016
RSI Handle
felyxsnow
Now, If Sunder decides to hold his "ship expo" either this weekend or next, feel free to come join us. Lot of us have different ships you can inspect, look around in, and maybe even take for a test flight.
Thanks! I've already CCU'd the Hull, as hauling cargo will not be a priority (more of a logistical tool). If I'm gonna be seriously moving stuff, I have a few options. The MAX has serious get-up-and-go (comparatively) as well as the ability to fit through smaller Jump Points (than the Connie, assuming) thus making my pathing a little more robust.

Would love to come out to a "TEST Flight" to share and try new ships! :rocket:

Here's a rundown of my current hangar (absolutely available for any other TESTies to check out and fly). Also perspective may help with the discussion. :smile_cat: I don't really wanna buy more ships, I'd rather refine the ships I have.

Exploration Fleet
- 315p (holding out for re-work) - heightened maneuverability for jump point charting
- Freelancer DUR - main solo exploration craft
- Carrack = group fun

Reconnaissance Fleet
- Herald
- Terrapin
- Hornet Tracker
- Khartu-Al
- 350R (+racing)

M
ining and Trading/Commerce Fleet
- Prospector
- Freelancer MAX
- Caterpillar + TEST Speeder Bikes (Dragonflies)
- BMM

Combat Fleet (Stealth/EWAR focus)
- Retaliator
- Eclipse
- Vanguard Sentinel (with Harb BUK)
- Sabre Comet
- Hornet Ghost / Super
- Avenger Warlock
- Connie Phoenix (not so stealth, but for larger scale battles its armed)
- Cutlass Blue (fun bounty hunting to go with Cat)

Shadow Reaper

Space Marshal
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Shadow Reaper
Note, you will not has as many missiles for defense on the max.
I think if you compare the Aquilla to the Max, you will find there is almost no comparison. Yeah, the Aquilla will be easier to hit in a fight, but it rules over the Max in every other category, save that it cannot fit through the smallest wormholes. If you have a serious interest in exploration and still want to haul cargo, I think the Aquilla is super hard to beat. There is some great vid online of it dogfighting a Hornet. It turns pretty good! and 4 S4 guns up front is just devastating firepower for the pilot.

If you are really intent on fighting with a freighter though, IMHO the biggest difference between the Aquilla and the Max is not the cargo space, nor shields, nor speed, nor maneuverability, it is the crappy peep hole you have to look out on the Lancer. That will get you killed fast, and the Aquilla does not have that trouble.

I_MIKE_I

Space Marshal
May 7, 2016
RSI Handle
I_MIKE_I
IMHO the biggest difference between the Aquilla and the Max is not the cargo space, nor shields, nor speed, nor maneuverability, it is the crappy peep hole you have to look out on the Lancer. That will get you killed fast, and the Aquilla does not have that trouble.
I have to agree, the visibility on the Lancer is annoying to say the least.

Stevetank

Lead Aurora Theorycrafter
Donor
Jun 3, 2016
RSI Handle
Stevetank
I have to agree, the visibility on the Lancer is annoying to say the least.
I'll take any view over the Andromeda. I really can't see through the front since that bar in my way changes colors in different lighting and screws with my vision. I think that the Aquila will make no difference.

I wish that I could see because I love the Aquila. I'll settle with the Caterpillar though.

I_MIKE_I

Space Marshal
May 7, 2016
RSI Handle
I_MIKE_I
I'll take any view over the Andromeda. I really can't see through the front since that bar in my way changes colors in different lighting and screws with my vision. I think that the Aquila will make no difference.

I wish that I could see because I love the Aquila. I'll settle with the Caterpillar though.
Doesn't the Cat have poor visibility, too? :P

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
As I read through these, in my drunken stupor, I keep...empathizing, with different points of view. One second I'm thinking I need to buy the DUR again, the next the Aquila, and so on.

Y'all are bad for my wallet. And my emotions. I need to win the lottery, for reasons.

Pixel ship reasons.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?