Hurricane Ian

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
Just sitting on the porch waiting for the eye to come over central florida here near Daytona. Coast line surges have been insane and flooding from the surge dragging boats inland :mad:
As for us we are on much higher land and in no real danger like the coastal communities. Keep them in your prayers....:like:
I am enjoying my adult beverages on the porch. Generator, fuel, vodka and food at hand...Picture is from a few hours ago but we are not on the coast and eye has yet to make its wake up call:o7:

Attachments

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Everything is ok at my folks place. Power is out, but no damage.

The amazing part is that this bay here:

1664498002411.png

It drained so much that you could walk to that little island behind me!

That is a lot of water that moved out and moved back in during the storm!

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Looks like South Carolina is next :/ We have a friend from North Carolina visiting this week. Some of her family is in South Carolina.

Reactions: GPcustoms

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
As always the biggest issue is internet outages, because then you're cut off from Test and forced to drink alone! :thump: I'm just aggravated at my goddamned mother in law who lives on the edge of a creek in Charleston and is flat out REFUSING to make the ~3hr drive to stay with us for the weekend. Work and school are already closed and there's beer in the fridge here, I mean honestly!

Fade691

Space Marshal
Donor
Dec 25, 2015
RSI Handle
Fade691
My parents live in Estero, with just a little bit of greenway/swamp between their condo complex and the bay. They rode it out at friends home about 9 miles further inland thank god. Been hard to get much communication but we do know their ok, and somehow their condo remained dry and intact despite several feet of water pushing up against the condos. So much more damage just a few miles away. My thoughts and prayers to everyone affected by this.

Forgot your password?