I Am a Gunter......Ready Player One ! ! !

dethos

Vice Admiral
Donor
Jan 21, 2016
RSI Handle
Helphyre
Good day all,

Ready Player One. Saw it, Liked it. Was not the book .....But the Ideas and Living in a Virtual world would be great. Just saying I am an 80's Kid and brought a lot of good memories

8.5 out of 10

Bruttle

Space Marshal
Donor
Aug 20, 2016
RSI Handle
Bruttle
Good day all,

Ready Player One. Saw it, Liked it. Was not the book .....But the Ideas and Living in a Virtual world would be great. Just saying I am an 80's Kid and brought a lot of good memories

8.5 out of 10
I just got out of it myself. It was worth every penny. Normally, I have issues with movies based on the book. It wasn't the case with this movie though. It was more a nod to the book than a play-by-play. It was the right choice.

As far as living in a virtual world, we're not far off. I have a Rift (which I loved the DK2 rifts peppered all over the movie). I guarantee the idea of "The Oasis" is exactly why Facebook bought Oculus. They have already taken steps in that direction and VRchat is proving that the idea will work. Hell, just playing Orbus VR is enough to give you a taste of what is to come.

According to the latest ESA survey numbers from 2017, 11% of US households own a VR headset and a third of the most frequent video game players will buy VR in the next year. Add onto that the lower Rift price of $380 for the headset and controllers, and you have all the ingredients for what will be the next best thing. It's going to happen and I can't wait. It's been a dream of mine since I was a kid watching Johnny Mnemonic and reading Snow Crash.

Keep in mind too, our very own SC is supposed to be VR compatible.

Forgot your password?