I am weak, bought a SpacePenguin

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
No, not a Porg.

I had sworn to myself no more ships until after more steady progress of the game but I found myself wanting something different to play with so I ended up grabbing an Avenger Titan.

Pulled the gimbal pucks and put on a couple boresighted Size 2 repeaters (glad to see we can do that again), so hoping when FPS is more stable I can actually take it out on a few missions.

Not sure why, but the aesthetic of the Penguin just suddenly seemed super attractive.

Oh well, at least it wasn't a Vanguard.

'Gimp

Last edited:

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
No, not a Porg.

I had sworn to myself no more ships until after more steady progress of the game but I found myself wanting something different to play with so I ended up grabbing an Avenger Titan.

Pulled the gimbal pucks and put on a couple boresighted Size 2 repeaters (glad to see we can do that again), so hoping when FPS is more stable I can actually take it out on a few missions.

Not sure why, but the aesthetic of the Penguin just suddenly seemed super attractive.

Oh well, at least it wasn't a Vanguard.

'Gimp

CooL I come to like the Avenger a lot more now since 3.0.. It actually become really useful now and do notice if you haven't already all Avengers Entry to cockpit is from outside left side cockpit and leaving is turning inside to the left and exit, turning inside to the right and exit seat will put you back in the bed area and as for Titan and Stalker you can use the old way to get in and out too.. but as before that fail some time :P
As for the Warlock do have a bed too, always did have one not that many seem to know that :P ha ha
Avenger is becoming a fine ship to have around as all around utility ship.. IMO

Good choice there :smile:

AntiSqueaker

Space Marshal
Apr 23, 2014
RSI Handle
Anti-Squeaker
I love my Warlock, it's so fun to use! The Tigerstreik combined with 2 gimbaled Sawbucks (they have exactly the same muzzle/projectile velocity) is really powerful combo with the EMP. I hope eventually we can replace the Avenger S3 gimbal with a S4 fixed weapon mount, would love to mount a revenant and twin Mantises for some BZZZZZZZZT action

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
well.. thanks to YOU, I just bought back my Aurora LX pledge and CCUed it to a Titan !! lol
Someday I may learn to use my powers for good and not evil, but it is not THIS day. Said in best Aragorn imitation.

'Gimp

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
They are great ships, I fondly remember my first few outings into the PU with my little baby 325a and after accidentally getting criminal status I was set upon by one of these and bought like a demon and one time I even took down one side of the shield before dying.

I swear those security penguins were my enemies and I thought that their shields were impregnable.

Then I bought other more expensive ships and got better at the game and was killing three at a time in my Buccaneer and my poor 325a has little purpose now.

I like the Avenger. It's just a damn good ship.

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
My gaming rig is struggling in the PTU builds such that I can't even attempt missions yet, but between a couple aborted outings in the 'verse and some playing in the hangar I really think the Avenger Titan may be something I end up using a lot.

Replaced the gimballed size 1 repeaters with boresighted Size 2's and left the gattling on the nose. The cargo space, while not huge looks to be usable and when we can eventually mod our own ships I see that space as having a lot of possibilities since she has a bed and room for something on the other side of the mid-bay (maybe a shower/lav combo).

Now if they would let us replace the dumbfire pods on the BangStang with Size 2 weapons again (i liked the Tarantula on those mounts) I'd take it back out in a heartbeat, I used to take out Hornets and occasional Super Hornets in that config - circle strafing around like a mad-man.

Anyway, I am really digging my SpacePenguin, may load up 2.6.3 so I can have more stable performance to play with it.

'Gimp

Ammorn

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2014
RSI Handle
Ammorn
I love my Warlock, it's so fun to use! The Tigerstreik combined with 2 gimbaled Sawbucks (they have exactly the same muzzle/projectile velocity) is really powerful combo with the EMP. I hope eventually we can replace the Avenger S3 gimbal with a S4 fixed weapon mount, would love to mount a revenant and twin Mantises for some BZZZZZZZZT action
Mmmmm, love that BRRRRRRT.

Mich Angel

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2016
RSI Handle
ARCHANGEL_666
Mmmmm, love that BRRRRRRT.

LMAO... yeah! I love that brrrrrrt brrrrrrt!

But a side note!:
What are the odds you posting those videos just hours after I actually just watched the "Sound of music" movie and couple hours before that I was looking at A-10 live action video during the gulf war... brrrrrrrrt Target destroyed....brrrrrrrrrt brrrt brrrt enemy tropes eliminated..

:beers: :beer:

That coincident is cool and creepy :beers: :sunglasses::thinking::astonished:

Forgot your password?