I called it a mile away.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Yup, I was late to the party, I didn't get to buy a $250 BMM, but I got a tricky old & discounted CCU route to BMM at $290 atm. So I'm pretty happy about that.

I got a bunch of different options I've been tracking for a while now, got to see how the pieces fall once everything is much, much more ready before I execute my CCUs though. Admittedly, at the moment BMM is looking mighty fine once again.

One thing I'm real curious about though, is the Hull series. I've wagered that the entire series will go up in price once it gets flight ready, so, got a few CCUs there that I hope will gain a bunch of value :D

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
Saw that today. Quite the jump. It'll go up again, like the Carrack.
Yeah i was thinking the same thing but just in case i'll get the upgrade for the C2 Herc to hold onto. I also predict the 600i Touring is going to shoot up. i sold my CCU by accident and went to buy it back and it said it was 85 usd which is 35 usd over the price the paid which shouldnt be possible unless its going to be more expensive than the BMM currently is. i sent a concierge ticket in to reverse the order as i did it like 10 mins earlier hopefully goes though quickly

Reactions: Scape and Blind Owl

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Yeah i was thinking the same thing but just in case i'll get the upgrade for the C2 Herc to hold onto. I also predict the 600i Touring is going to shoot up. i sold my CCU by accident and went to buy it back and it said it was 85 usd which is 35 usd over the price the paid which shouldnt be possible unless its going to be more expensive than the BMM currently is. i sent a concierge ticket in to reverse the order as i did it like 10 mins earlier hopefully goes though quickly
Interesting. I guess we'll see tomorrow. It would surprise me though, as they usually don't increase the price of flight ready ships unless they've reworked them.

I think. Lol. I could be wrong. It's happened before. Like two, maybe three times.

Esctasy

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2018
RSI Handle
Esctasy
It's probably a bug. Released ships will never go up in price. Well maybe like before the game is released or something but not anytime soon. Plus if the touring went up by $35 what would happen to the explorer? it's only $5 difference. I'm surprised I didn't have any touring in my buybacks, was going to test it.

Reactions: Blind Owl and FZD

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
It's probably a bug. Released ships will never go up in price. Well maybe like before the game is released or something but not anytime soon. Plus if the touring went up by $35 what would happen to the explorer? it's only $5 difference. I'm surprised I didn't have any touring in my buybacks, was going to test it.
Well if we look back the Aquilla shot up in price also for no reason after release. With all of the complaints about the 600i explorer i'm sure CIG has sat down to rethink the design to compete with the carrack. As for the 600i Touring it has yet to be released so who knows whats going to happen.

Esctasy

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2018
RSI Handle
Esctasy
Well if we look back the Aquilla shot up in price also for no reason after release. With all of the complaints about the 600i explorer i'm sure CIG has sat down to rethink the design to compete with the carrack. As for the 600i Touring it has yet to be released so who knows whats going to happen.
Isn't the 600i Touring flight ready?

Reactions: Blind Owl and FZD

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
The way I see it, the released ships could go up in price when their profession is refined or enabled. I wouldn't be too surprised if the Reclaimer got a big bump when salvaging got in game. Or even Starfarer when that whole fueling mechanism gets fleshed out and those massive fuel tanks enabled.

Or then for absolutely no reason, not like there is any ironclad rules here.

Reactions: Blind Owl

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting
TheAquilla didnt shoot up in price after release, it shot up in price when it went flight ready.

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting
yeah you are right good catch it was just in concept for 10 billion years.
They have only done it to flight ready ships......................twice, before they did the Titan and the 300i I believe.

The Super Hornet went from $165 to $180 after the release of the Wildfire, despite being flight ready for years and suffering continual nerfs (to this day).

And the Vanguards after their update got a $10 increase.

Daak Gelrin

Grand Admiral
Donor
Feb 17, 2020
RSI Handle
Daak
That price increase equated to an unexpected CCU for my cutlass red into an apollo medevac. I refunded my first CCU for the Perseus from an Eclipse and got a CCU to one from a BMM. That will update my carrier airwing pack. I have an original BMM for $250 still sitting in buybacks, that will be rejoining the fleet in a bit. Quite happy.

Forgot your password?