i dislike these guys...

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
In my country if you do this you will be legally prosecuted. Isn't there such legislation in the US?

Anyway it is a very common thing for people to pretend to be or have been in SF, until I start asking them very specific questions and they just flee like flies fleeing from a swat...
Only if you attempt to impersonate a service member for monetary gain, if memory serves.

mindfart

Space Marshal
Donor
Feb 10, 2015
RSI Handle
mindfart
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stolen_Valor_Act_of_2013 said:
The Stolen Valor Act of 2013 (Pub.L. 113–12; H.R. 258) is a United States federal law that was passed by the 113th United States Congress. The law amends the federal criminal code to make it a crime for a person to fraudulently claim having received any of a series of particular military decorations with the intention of obtaining money, property, or other tangible benefit from convincing someone that he or she rightfully did receive that award

Reactions: Krystal LeChuck

K1NG

Captain
Feb 21, 2015
RSI Handle
K1NG_Brit
this stuff is so bad in the UK that people make a fortune of these wannabes. So much so that if you go looking for some cargo pants on amazon or something. They'l have two that are the EXACT same pair, except one is marked up by £40.

The marked up one will usually be called 'SAS Military combat support armament battle mode trousers of awesome'.

Then theres 'Black cargo pants' - £25

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
Stolen valor is a good way to get your teeth kicked in, regardless if you've served or not.

He's probably watching his back now that his name and face have been plastered all over the internet. There are more than a few guys out there willing to go out of their way to teach guys like this a lesson, some of them actually being what this schmuck is pretending to be.

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
Stolen valor is a good way to get your teeth kicked in, regardless if you've served or not.

He's probably watching his back now that his name and face have been plastered all over the internet. There are more than a few guys out there willing to go out of their way to teach guys like this a lesson, some of them actually being what this schmuck is pretending to be.
The proper term is "trip while walking down an alley."

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark

SARGE

Space Marshal
Feb 13, 2015
RSI Handle
SARGE | SARGE5th
Only if you attempt to impersonate a service member for monetary gain, if memory serves.
unfortunately Obama passed a law at the start of his first term...(i think) where He is within his rights to do and to pretend to be whatever he wants.
There should be a law where I am allowed to kidnap this guy and take him for a small isolation training at Camp McCall... ;) (nuff said)

Reactions: Dalarast
Forgot your password?