I don't like the new Ursa Rover design

About the final design of the Ursa Rover I am ...

• ...excited, its simply cool!

Votes: 18 38.3%
  • ...in two minds about; can't decide whether its cool or not.

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • ...disappointed. This is not the cool Rover as it was announced.

Votes: 4 8.5%

• Total voters

Reyalp CB4

Space Marshal
Oct 1, 2015
RSI Handle
reyalp
you all know you want it to look like this

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
While it does seem like a very functional design its not very aesthetically pleasing to be sure. But that can be its charm i guess depending on how you look at it.

The Carrack and its rover are of a different design and manufacturer. (as I understand it anyways) The Carracks rover is a military rover and as such I would expect it to be more militarily minded in its design. Not to mention they can create them at the same time now that the Connie rover is available.

The thing with the pipeline they set up is its was originally just for ships when they made the Constellation and they didn't (still don't really at least in our build we get to play) have snubs or rovers built and ready to use. With any luck this is the point where they are able to add these things in on the current connie and as such they will have to make design changes (like the ones here) to make it work. With the Carrack I hope they take this as a lesson learned and design the carrack with the rover and snub in mind to begin with.

SpudNyk

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 19, 2016
RSI Handle
spudnyk
Remember that they have yet to design the Lynx rover. Who knows exactly what approach they will do with that rover. Also, I'm curious if they will make a military specific rover which might fit more with the original design. I for one like the current look of the Ursa rover.\
There were some hints about the Lynx being a more luxury rover, though it will probably be like the Archimedes is to the Merlin. Some people say the Carrack is getting a military rover, but as far as I know it just gets the Ursa.

Adiran

Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
Adiran
There were some hints about the Lynx being a more luxury rover, though it will probably be like the Archimedes is to the Merlin. Some people say the Carrack is getting a military rover, but as far as I know it just gets the Ursa.
it is suppose to get its own rover. I have seen somewhere (have to look it up again) that it will be its own rover that is different from the Ursa. My guess is it will go with the design of the ship. So Military design focused on exploration and defence. But that is the best guess I got as to that since the only one who really knows is CR himself lol.

Reactions: AstroSam

Doozie

Rear Admiral
Donor
Mar 13, 2015
RSI Handle
Doozie
Honestly the new version looks like it has a better visibility, and it won't much matter what it looks like from the outside when you drive it from the inside.

Reyalp CB4

Space Marshal
Oct 1, 2015
RSI Handle
reyalp
Oh, I remember some of those Lego pieces from when I was a kid. I loved the space sets.
actually they were construx not lego

but yes i had the space sets too

Forgot your password?