I don't like the new Ursa Rover design

About the final design of the Ursa Rover I am ...

• ...excited, its simply cool!

Votes: 18 38.3%
  • ...in two minds about; can't decide whether its cool or not.

Votes: 25 53.2%
  • ...disappointed. This is not the cool Rover as it was announced.

Votes: 4 8.5%

• Total voters

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
While we are talking about the Carrack and when will be the release date, I'm becoming a little bit frightened that she finally could not look like she was announced to look.

Its coming to me because of the new design of the Ursa Rover - its just terrible!!! Where is the charakter of the vehicle, the future-like look, the coolness? Its all gone!

Remember: this is it what the Ursa Rover was meant to look like:
View: http://i.imgur.com/dxjSQS4.png

And this is its current, final design:

Its just....CRAP!! If there would be Logo like "Dacia" or "Renault" with a "1.2 ecogreen motor" emblem on it I wouldn't even wonder about!

If there has been a disappointment during the GamesCom presentation, this is it, my personal Star Citizen lowlight 2016.

And this is, where my [CONCERN] arises - I hope, really, really, really, really hope that they won't redesign the layout of the Carrack as they now did with the Rover. Don't you dare, CIG...!

JackAvalon

Space Marshal
Nov 26, 2015
RSI Handle
Jack_Avalon
I'm guessing it was a space issue. The Ursa as seen in picture 1 probably wouldn't fit in the Connie Aquila due to its width and perhaps length.

Remember that the Carrack originally comes with the Lynx rover, whatever that ends up being.

Overall though I do agree. The Ursa was very lackluster imo. Maybe just redo the cab to look more like picture 1?

Bigcracker

Space Marshal
Feb 2, 2015
RSI Handle
Bigcracker8789
The first one looks nice, But it doesnt have really good field of view from a exploration stand point or look like it has cargo space. With the new URSA you get a way better view and a little more junk in the trunk. I can see them adding in armored APCs like the first picture or even tanks or mobile anti air/space. The Ursa is like a like scout Humvee with a 50cal on it.

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
The windshield on the original design is not feasible for FOV
I'm disagree. The first design has had enough windows:

Plus there is a saying: style over substance. CIG should not only follow the most "possible" design but keep an eye on coolness and style. Because style pushes the sales numbers, and finally we are talking about a computer game, or am I wrong?

Beerjerker

Grand Admiral
Sep 8, 2015
RSI Handle
Beerjerker
In both camps I think. I like how the old design was a convertible with a roll cage shaped similar to the other Connies' bridges. Maybe this hints that Aquila will have much different bridge planned? Also, with the scuttlebutt about planetary storms, possibly hazardous space storms, convertible might not be wise.
I liked the little peek at the inside (couldn't find screenshot easily). I like how it had drop down seats over magnetic floors so it could easily swap from passengers to cargo space.

Are we sure that the rover in the 3.0 demo was the Ursa?
Pretty sure, because the Ursa went on sale after the reveal.

Forgot your password?