I dub the Mustang Delta the Nap Maker

Erroll

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Erroll
I spend half my time in that thing blacking out. Its the only ship where I blacked out so bad today my monitor went into sleep mode. I wish I could knock off at bed time like I do in that cockpit..

I guess that's what happens when you strap an engine to a gun, tie on a pilot, and light the fuse..

Awesome fun though. I just need to learn how to not be taken out by my number one source of damage.. recently minted wrecks...

C

CaptainHavoc

The Delta is the definition of a glass cannon. Four Tier two repeaters, slap on that special third engine from the Omega and it will outmaneuver and outgun Hornets.

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
The Delta is the definition of a glass cannon. Four Tier two repeaters, slap on that special third engine from the Omega and it will outmaneuver and outgun Hornets.
You mean it doesn't already outmaneuver and outgun the F7C?

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
I consider the Delta the ultimate Tie Interceptor.. its fast and nimble and can't take a beating.

I find it does outfly my super hornet for how I fly... and I think that's the key thing when deciding on what ship to buy when looking around. We keep harping on what type of role one may play in the PU; but also how one flies when looking at combat ships. If you want to be mr. sneak and get a ghost hornet... or to be nimble and fly around astroids dodging shots get a delta (for me).. or if you just want to Zangief your way into a fight barring guns and taking hits cause you can.. get the Super Hornet...

I like my super hornet.. but I'm loving my Delta. Can't wait to try out the Gladius as that will be decision time on which fighters I will keep....

As far as blacking out... I only find I black out when if I'm running full throttle and turning and burning. Normally during a dog fight I gear my throttle back and forth and besides out right chases I'm not at 100%. Try that out and see if you snooze less.. if not your pilot may need a redbull ;)

Erroll

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Erroll
I found the shield generator on the Delta to be pretty beefy compared to the Aurora I was flying. Not tough like the Hornet of course but I didn't feel super fragile.. except that when you blast the crap out of something at close range with the DF missiles it can be hard to avoid the wreck. I need to work on decoupling so I don't fire them straight ahead. That was how I took most of my damage.

I am not always going full throttle but compared to the Aurora and the various Origins I tried it really seems to pull Gs. Definitely a different flying style. Sometimes I would afterburn out of combat just to give myself a few moments to pull it together.

Dalarast

Space Marshal
Oct 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Dalarast
Since I'm limited in controller options I just have a gamepad and I found with the delta I like to sneak through the asteroid field much as I can and then pounce on the target. Once within 1k I begin to strafe left or right while maintain distance... anytime they try to ram they end up getting my rockets as I strafe away....

I sound like the greased up deaf guy from Family Guy as I move away from them....

Just swaped some weapons around for the Avenger and fitted with three Omni's...still like the delta better; but taking out the defaults helped improve it.

Forgot your password?