I ended up not buying the RSI Galaxy

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
It was in my cart, ready to go, paint jobs and all.

After some thought, even though I love the design, I just have too many other ships that overlap this.

The BMM has more cargo, a med bed, bigger weapons. I have the Perseus, similar hull, better armor and weapons. The Galaxy is a great ship for anybody looking for upgrade from a Connie IMO, but when you have a whole hangar full of ships, this is just another hangar queen in the making.

I still love the way it looks, but Im going to add this to the "get it in the game" list.

Gucci

Space Marshal
Nov 17, 2015
RSI Handle
Ras-al-Ghul

After some thought, even though I love the design, I just have too many other ships that overlap this.

The BMM has more cargo, a med bed, bigger weapons. I have the Perseus, similar hull, better armor and weapons. The Galaxy is a great ship for anybody looking for upgrade from a Connie IMO, but when you have a whole hangar full of ships, this is just another hangar queen in the making.

I still love the way it looks, but Im going to add this to the "get it in the game" list.
Totally same line of thinking from me.

I feel the Galaxy was a "catch-up" ship for those who wanted a larger, jack of all trades ship that isn't focused on exploration.

Last edited:

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
If you already bought one, not saying I did but... yanno...I did. Anyway It can also serve as a very large LTI token, or melt it and use the store credit during Invictus week or next year's IAE.

But I feel like ships that have modules like this are going to be a while working out. For example, the Endeavour. I don't expect to see that until one of my grandkids gets married. That thought will take a few years and keep me from wishing for it too soon.

Deroth

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 28, 2017
RSI Handle
Deroth1
I'd considered looking at options on getting until I saw the turrets carry S5 weapons and didn't see anything smaller anywhere on it, with CIG stating multiple times their intent for S5 and larger weapons being for fighting larger ships and intended to be impractical against smaller ships (shots travel slower and the turrets are slower) I ended up deciding my current fleet makes more sense for me.

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264

I feel like this ship is going to get some interesting modifications and possible a slight increase in size due to these non existent mods. This is the only reason i bought it(i got the base model at a steal with my upgrade path). I do not feel currently they have enough space to perform the tasks the ship potentially could have placed on it. It's going to be a sleeper for a long time. If not then i'll just upgrade tword a polaris.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Perseus for the win boss man. Me and you.

Together we shall point our 8 x S7 cannons and retrofitted 8 x S3 cannons and we shall lob cannon shells through anyone who so much as thinks about making fun of the colour yellow.

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Yup. Not getting it either.

I have the BMM, Carrack, and Polaris and there’s too much overlap as it is.

I’m also kinda annoyed with CIG lately and don’t really feel like rewarding them with more of my hard earned money but that’s besides the point. 😑

Last edited:

Thalstan

Space Marshal
Jun 5, 2016
RSI Handle
Thalstan
If I was just discovering Star Citizen today, the Galaxy would be the ship I would be aiming for.

Does a bit of everthing, big enough for you and friends, looks great, and will arrive in 2028.
I disagree with some of this.

If I was discovering SC today. This is the wrong ship. Not because of the overlap, but because SC isn’t group friendly at first. You need time to feel your way into the verse and figure things out. If you are at that stage and ready to improve your fleet, maybe this becomes more viable, but it’s still a big ask. It also limits you in loaners.

The only reason to get this is you play with friends on a regular basis and you want only a few ships.

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
I picked up one with credit and then promptly shoved it into the buyback queue, so I can test the ship once it (eventually) releases and I have (hopefully) a better idea of all the modules planned, and how they work, along with more information about\operating NPC crew\blades.

I've also added a few CCU's for it to my CCU pool, either to use to add one to my final fleet with LTI, or in a chain to some other ship.

Had it had a Prospector sized (XS) hangar, I may have been tempted to try it as a solo mining facility, but having only an XXS hangar removed the advantage it would have held over a Liberator, Prospector, and Expanse for the same job... Particularly as the liberator also allows for a ROC and Pisces for other mine-ables, box missions, bunkers, or visiting abandoned outposts\wrecks\etc.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
My Retaliator fills the advertised role for the Galaxy (Unless you were looking for a refinery.) with a smaller profile and a combat capability.

The Galaxy looks cool but also looks impractical for its advertised role, long term.

Opiepal

Space Marshal
May 31, 2014
RSI Handle
Opiepal
Same boat! If anyone has a small fleet, it definitly would be a great addition. But when all the roles are already purchesed with a ship that focuses on those modules it’s just not worth it. We also need to take into account those ships in our fleet that ”are” modular but haven’t seen any progress. Can’t wait to see what options the CAT gets!

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
My Retaliator fills the advertised role for the Galaxy (Unless you were looking for a refinery.) with a smaller profile and a combat capability.
But the galaxy is modular!! unlike the retaliator! :S

Forgot your password?