I feel left out by TEST: my favorite ship is missing from profile hangar

habovh

Commander
Nov 26, 2021
RSI Handle
habovh
Hey, is it really you on your avatar...? -- Damn...!
I just wanted my wife to register on the forum; I changed my mind.
@habovh
I was told by @BUTUZ that @Montoya needed a contender in the TEST hot dudes department, so here I am!
However rest assured I swore to do no harm to my fellow TESTies (or did I?). Also I’m actually engaged but I think loyalty is as important here as malted grain-based beverages.

@Everyone else: please explain to me why would you prefer using the imperial system over the metric one, I still can’t fathom this nonsense and justify its use other than "that’s a habit".

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Simple, to piss off the rest of the world and thumb our noses because we can.
This is weird to those not in the know, but the metric system is actually official in the US. You can't even cell a gallon of gas to the US military for example, without converting all the weights and measures to SI units (i.e. Metric).

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
This is weird to those not in the know, but the metric system is actually official in the US. You can't even cell a gallon of gas to the US military for example, without converting all the weights and measures to SI units (i.e. Metric).
Yep, at times I do wonder how long the last bastions of a different measuring system will last especially since so much has already been converted. So the only explanation is simply one of tradition, pride, and taking pleasure in being a snowflake. It's not like US children are taught the metric system in school and engage in it in most science lessons.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Thats a relic of the olden days when we had fewer members and knowing what each person held was important.

Now with 20,000 members it makes no difference what the hell you have because there is too much of everything! 😄

WTF are we going to do with 148 Javelins anyway?

I get it, we are all proud of our little fleets we have acquired!

But most here do not care about how much money you spent or what ships you own. Instead its more about how much time you are spending with your fellow TESTies in Discord actually playing the game.

Some guy coming along and showing us his Legatus Pack means fuck all if he isn't actually playing the game.

A TESTie with a single Aurora who is playing regularly is far more valuable!
I thought we were supposed to be using Guilded?

Man am I out of date.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Yep, at times I do wonder how long the last bastions of a different measuring system will last especially since so much has already been converted. So the only explanation is simply one of tradition, pride, and taking pleasure in being a snowflake. It's not like US children are taught the metric system in school and engage in it in most science lessons.
The US doesn't like being a world follower. :)

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Clear Creek? Somewhere near Killeen, Texas?
Well, Clear Creek is a small river that winds it's way from Fort Bend County, through Brazoria, and then between Harris and Galveston counties. I have no idea what feeds it, but where it ends is literally across the street from NASA in Clear Lake - which is also not very clear. I have no idea why they chose that name.

My wife has some cousins that live up toward Killeen though, and we spend a little time every summer and Thanksgiving on another uncle's ranch near Rockdale about an hour drive South East.

The US doesn't like being a world follower. :)
In fact, officially the entire US system is based on metric measures. A pound is defined as... whatever the heck the amount of milligrams that is. Notice that metric units are on every beer can, soft drink and chocolate bar, medication, even the stuff that I use to clean my glasses comes in 120mL bottles (about 4 ounces).

Last edited:

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
Er... back to topic more or less. Today (My Thursday) there was an impromptu group of 23 or 24 TSTies in the same server, with something like 21 of them doing the Jumptown mission. I was online but meh... couldn't stay active long enough. Instead I just hung around a station occupying a spot so there'd be less room for enemies. I think they might have sucked the place clean of boxes. By the time I passed out, they had scored about 100,000 aUEC each. Have to ask @O-Lefty about the final tally. TEST really has a lot going on, most of it impromptu stuff just from whoever is in Discord at the time.

Last edited:

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
Well, Clear Creek is a small river that winds it's way from Fort Bend County, through Brazoria, and then between Harris and Galveston counties. I have no idea what feeds it, but where it ends is literally across the street from NASA in Clear Lake - which is also not very clear. I have no idea why they chose that name.

My wife has some cousins that live up toward Killeen though, and we spend a little time every summer and Thanksgiving on another uncle's ranch near Rockdale about an hour drive South East.
Along the East side of West Fort Hood, running outside the fence by the Airfield is Clear Creek Road.

Or as we called it, the Clear Creek Motor Speedway.

I was stationed at West Fort Hood as part of the 504th MI Brigade. I thought they might be related. :)

Forgot your password?