I give up.

Devil Dog Hog

Space Marshal
Jan 28, 2016
RSI Handle
DevilDogHog
I completely understand and acknowledge your feelings on this delay of the game. I also whole heartedly agree that taking a break from the stress of this roller coaster development cycle is probably the best for your mental and physical well being. If there is any thing we can do to help support your choice and life style change, just let us know, because we care.
With that being said, I would be very happy to become the care taker of your account in the mean time and ensure that your well intentioned funded contributions don't go to waste. All I need is your logon ID and password, feel free to just Private Message them to me and not to any of these other vultures that might prey on your vulnerable state. You can truuuuuuuuusssst meeeeee (wiggles eeyebrows).

Sirus7264

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 5, 2017
RSI Handle
Sirus7264
The only return I was looking for was a produced game.
Ive been on break for many many years haha i don't even go into the website except once-twice a year to look at ships that get added to the roster. I also don't spend any new money on anything i just melt some stuff upgrade other stuff. i think it has been 18 patches since i last logged in. I keep myself busy with other games and don't even have SC in the back of my head anymore and it feels great. Once its out its out and if you distance yourself enough you will be pleasantly surprised with what it has to offer since the last time you logged in. Like this weekend i plan to log in and i have NO idea what im going to be getting into. All i remember is flying around the main space station, grim hex, the police station to reset your crime rating, and getting blown up over and over again by pad campers.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
As others have already said, take a break!

Come back when there is something interesting enough to hold your interest.

You are not alone in your sentiment, this is taking way too long and a lot of people feel the same way.

Im a little jealous of the new backers that just arrived in the past few months. They are fresh and excited, and they get a new star system in 4.0 that we have been waiting for since 2013 :D

Aramsolari

Space Marshal
Donor
May 9, 2019
RSI Handle
AramSolari
Don’t forget…this community isn’t strictly a Star Citizen one. Members here play all sorts of games often which each other. If there’s other multiplayer games (including other MMOs) you play….don’t be a stranger. Pop in the Discord server!

CosmicTrader

Space Marshal
Officer
Donor
Oct 30, 2015
RSI Handle
CosmicTrader
Most important the apparent lack of will to even produce a game. I expect this to be abandoned and never completed.

i give up. I'm writing off the thousands spent as a bad investment.
I notice that you do not say you will ask CIG to close your Account(s) and Refund your money.
(Which they will do)

Hmmm, interesting that you want to hang on to the Account(s).
I would take your rant seriously if you would just post a copy the the Customer Service ticket where you requested a Refund and Cancellation of your Account(s).

GPcustoms

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 3, 2019
RSI Handle
GPcustom
My perspective comes from needing distraction from events beyond my control so like a puppy I want everything now,now,now. :mad:
6 years in remission as of the 14th and I am starting to understand the frustration....I played a game called Aces High(sand box) but it stated to become forum driven and I found ED in VR as well as War Thunder which was cool untill there was nothing new to do and I stumbled on SC..This sand box is very buggy but its full of options to blaze my own path and I find myself looking forwards to grinding my own objectives.
I hope you only take a break Richard Bong as the game is better with you than without. No doubt we will all stand behind you and your decision young Jedi:o7:

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I notice that you do not say you will ask CIG to close your Account(s) and Refund your money.
(Which they will do)

Hmmm, interesting that you want to hang on to the Account(s).
I would take your rant seriously if you would just post a copy the the Customer Service ticket where you requested a Refund and Cancellation of your Account(s).
They say they won't in the terms on the site. If they will, I'll take it.

I've asked, we'll see what happens.

Last edited:

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
Ah the grand break. I honestly can't remember the last time I logged into the game it's self. Mostly it's just chatting in here and watching the weekly show on YouTube. I do not think CIG wants to admit how much covid set them back as they seemed like they where hitting a great stride prior. There was also this lull from 2 to 3. While I hope the game development is never truly done I agree that they have picked up a great deal of tech debt in regards to new feature creep.

Revisionist

Space Marshal
Donor
Jun 8, 2016
RSI Handle
Kormak
As others have already said, take a break!

Come back when there is something interesting enough to hold your interest.

You are not alone in your sentiment, this is taking way too long and a lot of people feel the same way.

Im a little jealous of the new backers that just arrived in the past few months. They are fresh and excited, and they get a new star system in 4.0 that we have been waiting for since 2013 :D
I install, play a bit, get bored, uninstall. Wait a few months, check for news. Install, play a bit, get bored, uninstall. Rinse and Repeat.

Followed with snark, sarcasm (snarkasm?), beer, then optimism as some day it might finish and be glorious. In the mean time I can play other games and continue my misanthropic life mission of annoying people in subtle and passive aggressive ways.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
They do grant them, normally for specific medical problems. I happen to have one of the problems, but I am using SC to work through it, because I need the same skills in my work - my SC time seems to be helping with that.
Your skills to find creative solutions never fail to impress. Now to apply the same solution.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Request denied.
Well, seen how you're stuck with your account, you'll lose nothing by setting yourself a yearly reminder somewhere after Citizencon for a very occasional status check (or maybe at the start of IAE incase trying out newest ships was something you enjoyed the most. Or some other date that is convenient for you, like the start of a summer vacation period.)

I mean, yes, the game is progressing slowly. But it is progressing. You don't really lose anything by occasionally checking if it's in such a state you'd enjoy playing it for a bit.

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
My bet always was that Star Citizen would be a retirement hobby. I came into the PC gaming world playing Wing Commander, and will go out playing its one-day successor. I've seen any investment into the game in that light. I've still got a ways to go for that so I'm good.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I mean, yes, the game is progressing slowly. But it is progressing.
You can't measure progress without a clear definition of the end goal.
With Star Citizen the end goal is both undefined and constantly moving. If there is any progress, it is impossible to measure.

Sky Captain

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 13, 2018
RSI Handle
TheSkyCaptain
The issue is that Star Citizen's vision and related goal posts have expanded tremendously while the devs have communicated the change in game scope extremely poorly over the years, IMHO. Chris' original vision was raise some millions of dollars and deliver some next Freelancer-online-type concept. If we had gotten that game, my hunch is that we'd all have been disappointed by now. But years later with $500M of cash raised, he's now spending the money on the broader vision that fans not just fund but demand. Growing expectations and funds have just kept rolling in. The good news is that the game studios are now built, we can see they are working on next-gen server and AI tech, and we know they are building content. And .... they have funding for it.

All we can hope now is that they get it right. Someday that is.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?