Privateer
And the propaganda war begins....

Sethious

Space Marshal
Staff member
Jan 1, 2014
RSI Handle
SethiousFel
Oh man, I bet the goons are shitting the bed now.

BTW thanks for posting, it was a refreshing read.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
Its not drama, its not even propaganda, I give it 4/10, but would read again!

Eiyron

Space Marshal
Jan 24, 2015
RSI Handle
Eiyron
Great story Line Munch* Munch*, think im gonna need some moar popcorn Munch*

waiting for the plot twist

CaptainRichard

Stream Meister
Staff member
Officer
Donor
Sep 29, 2014
RSI Handle
CaptainRichard
Can someone explain the relevancy of the Goons and Something Awful in general in this day and age?

I thought that stopped being a "thing" back in...like...2004 or something? Where it was all, "Oh noes! It's those pesky SA Goons stirring up trouble again! Hide your sensibilities and don your butthurt lotion!"

Isn't their whole schtick a little dated at this point? I kind of assumed SA had their day and people had moved on to other fun internet miscreant websites (4chan, etc.).

Dortz

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 4, 2014
RSI Handle
Dortz
The Internet? Websites? Bah. I thought all that crap was just a fad, it's still around?

Also, I have no idea what's going on.

Macabre Poetry

Official Signature Generator Bot
Apr 24, 2014
RSI Handle
MacabrePoetry
Can someone explain the relevancy of the Goons and Something Awful in general in this day and age?

I thought that stopped being a "thing" back in...like...2004 or something? Where it was all, "Oh noes! It's those pesky SA Goons stirring up trouble again! Hide your sensibilities and don your butthurt lotion!"

Isn't their whole schtick a little dated at this point? I kind of assumed SA had their day and people had moved on to other fun internet miscreant websites (4chan, etc.).
They're still heavily relevant in the Eve space and as Eve players cross over to Star Citizen, you'll see a lot of that mantra come as well. There are some other areas they are active in, but the most relevant to us will be Eve as that will likely result in the most SC players

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
They're still heavily relevant in the Eve space and as Eve players cross over to Star Citizen, you'll see a lot of that mantra come as well
That is potentially a big problem, but so far the SC community has made it clear that they will not be very tolerant of the toxic environment of Eve.

Reactions: Macabre Poetry

Black Sunder

Rock Raiders
Officer
Jun 19, 2014
RSI Handle
Black_Sunder
we must be a light in the darkness!
Lets be the lighter darkness instead!

That is potentially a big problem, but so far the SC community has made it clear that they will not be very tolerant of the toxic environment of Eve.
Then people need to grow some thicker skin. Eve was not and never has been a game where one could do what they wanted as in single player. Interaction happens regardless and not always in a good way. SC has enough safeguards in place(Slider, NPC pop etc) to let people play how they want for the most part until they go into unrestricted space.

I never found Eve toxic because I was with a corp of friends all the time. It was a lot of fun for me.

Thrashdog

Captain
Nov 26, 2013
RSI Handle
Thrashdog
Then people need to grow some thicker skin. Eve was not and never has been a game where one could do what they wanted as in single player. Interaction happens regardless and not always in a good way. SC has enough safeguards in place(Slider, NPC pop etc) to let people play how they want for the most part until they go into unrestricted space.

I never found Eve toxic because I was with a corp of friends all the time. It was a lot of fun for me.
EVE was never terribly dangerous in highsec. Sure the Goons could hurt you some with Hulkageddeon or Burn Jita, but for the most part, if you stayed in highsec and didn't attract the attention of a griefer wardec, you could do as you pleased with out fear of harrassment from other players.

The trouble is, that for most srs bzns EVE players, empire space is the kiddie pool. All the real excitement happens in 0.0, and that is a PvP-oriented environment. Those guys are going to make their characters in PU, set a course for uncharted space, and never come back, but they'll still the bring the NBSI, kill-everything-that-moves mentality to the game. I don't mind it personally, but there's going to be a lot of whinging about their effect (real or otherwise) on the danger level of frontier space.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
The biggest difference in SC is that if you have a fleet of 100, the other guys can't get and get a fleet of 200, you simply can fit that all into once instance.

maynard

Space Marshal
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
mgk
I joined Test because Eve taught me the value of a large, cohesive org. Either you dictate your style of gameplay, or get dictated to. We are going to have to figure out what works in CIG's sandbox and organize accordingly. If we do it right we will control enough space to sustain lots of pew pew pew.

Will we cross swords with the minions of Lowtax or ally with them? Goons can be implacable enemies, or they can be rightious allies.

Forgot your password?