I have a 4000 member Star Citizen steam group... And I'm not afraid to use it!

Drillbit

Rear Admiral
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Drillbit
So yeah... I noticed the biggest Star Citizen Steam group,...by a long shot. Only has one admin on it, and hasn't made any posts in 2 and a half years. It took a few days to get in contact with him, but it was worth it. He handed me admin, and then left the group, so I kinda run the show now.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Star__Citizen

I haven't done too much, but I'm thinking what I could do with it now. I've deleted a tonne of shameful Referral code adverts (4 pages worth...) And made just the one announcement. I have a few ideas... including to advertise Test on it,.(but I also plan advertising other groups too). As well as sharing the big announcements CIG make.

I feel I have so much power, like a mini army at my disposal. muhaha

TypeO

Space Marshal
Aug 21, 2014
RSI Handle
Privateer
Nice catch. There was/is a Reddit Playdate group which has the nice function of arranging playdates and inform members about time/game in a little pop up. I really like that because you don't have to check forums and stuff, just be online and hop in the game if you want.

Reactions: Drillbit

Drillbit

Rear Admiral
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
Drillbit

^ That was my 2nd ever post on the group... I think I'm doing a flawless job.

I will advertise TEST in the future, but I want to do this responsibly. Though I've been doing some subtle test adverts already. E.G someone asked for a help in optimising SC, so I linked them to a thread on that here. :P

Yex

Space Marshal
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Yex
I feel this could be beneficial to TEST, but needs to be smart and subtle so we don't come off poorly.

And I wish more ppl would join our TEST Squadron steam group.
Why be subtle when you can spam auroras till their eyes bleed.

Sometimes you've just got to stop caring what other people think.

That's what makes me the little rascal I am today.

Invite them all to Skype and Ddos the nubs
[Should not be in charge of recruitment ever]

Frisbeerocker

Commissar
May 31, 2014
RSI Handle
Frisbeerocker87

^ That was my 2nd ever post on the group... I think I'm doing a flawless job.

I will advertise TEST in the future, but I want to do this responsibly. Though I've been doing some subtle test adverts already. E.G someone asked for a help in optimising SC, so I linked them to a thread on that here. :p
Something something God's work.

EpilepticCricket

Space Marshal
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
EpilepticCricket
I feel this could be beneficial to TEST, but needs to be smart and subtle so we don't come off poorly.
I agree to a point. If we spam that group with TEST stuff then very likely many people will leave. I don't know how steam groups work, but if possible there should be a list or link to other org specific groups.

Discretion is key. It doesn't matter that you're a TEST member who is now head admin of the group. As long as it's clear that the group isn't being used for or by TEST, it's for Star Citizen. Anyone that doesn't understand that the admins of the steam group are going to be in orgs that aren't their own is a fool.

The group can easily be used as a recruiting tool, but it needs to be usable by all orgs. We all think TEST is great, but that doesn't mean it's the best for everyone and any organization agnostic platform should reflect similar thinking.

Azmodeth

Grand Admiral
Jun 10, 2015
RSI Handle
Azmodeth
So yeah... I noticed the biggest Star Citizen Steam group,...by a long shot. Only has one admin on it, and hasn't made any posts in 2 and a half years. It took a few days to get in contact with him, but it was worth it. He handed me admin, and then left the group, so I kinda run the show now.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Star__Citizen

I haven't done too much, but I'm thinking what I could do with it now. I've deleted a tonne of shameful Referral code adverts (4 pages worth...) And made just the one announcement. I have a few ideas... including to advertise Test on it,.(but I also plan advertising other groups too). As well as sharing the big announcements CIG make.

I feel I have so much power, like a mini army at my disposal. muhaha
WOW, great power and great responsibility there. Remember that Star Citizen was removed from the store or something.

Reactions: Blind Owl
Forgot your password?