I hope I made you proud Montoya

NKato

Grand Admiral
Apr 25, 2014
RSI Handle
NKato
I think the moderation has loosened up a little bit. But still, don't push it. >.>

Desterion

Admiral
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
Desterion
I think the moderation has loosened up a little bit. But still, don't push it. >.>
I think the moderation has gotten worse. I've never noticed so many on probation people before than in the last week.

WhooptyWoo

Admiral
Donor
Jul 18, 2014
RSI Handle
WhooptyWoo
we totally hijacked that thread for a bit though, which i love. Those guys were getting WAY too serious, talkin' about going to effin jail for stealing an idris in game...good lord. It needed some light hearted fun, and battle lines drawn!
It is so damn funny. Some of these people are so scared of pvp they want RL consequences for it.

It just makes me want to be a pirate even more.

Tooterfish

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Tooterfish
While I respectfully respect your opinion in the utmost respectful manner, dear comrade, I prefer to do wut I want.
I would offer offense to your heresy, good sir. As a gentleman of our high order, however, I shalt subscribe to our sworn oath to pledge my respect for your phlegm and controversy. May Duty bind us with a cane of Humility whilst Honor embrace our feet with the leathers of Dignity and forever shalt the soles shield us from the savaged and trotted path of trolls.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
I think the moderation has gotten worse. I've never noticed so many on probation people before than in the last week.
Are these short bans or those stupid 20yr ones?

Sometimes people just need a little slap on the face to remind them how they need to behave in a public setting. Short term bans are good for that.

Desterion

Admiral
May 20, 2014
RSI Handle
Desterion
Are these short bans or those stupid 20yr ones?

Sometimes people just need a little slap on the face to remind them how they need to behave in a public setting. Short term bans are good for that.
I haven't really looked at the durations. But almost any thread you go into now has a big poster on probation in it. They seem to be cracking down over the smallest things now or basically anything that might get reported. In a way the official forums are more hostile than they've ever been.

Wait, seriously?

As for the anti-pirate stuff, some posters go as far as to say that potential pirates all deserved to be mugged and roughed up IRL just to see how it's like and because they deserve it. Others go on about how pirates all have mental disorders and are very disturbed people. Yes, really. The saddest part is that it's common.

StarDragon

Lieutenant
Apr 12, 2015
RSI Handle
StarDraconis
I haven't really looked at the durations. But almost any thread you go into now has a big poster on probation in it. They seem to be cracking down over the smallest things now or basically anything that might get reported. In a way the official forums are more hostile than they've ever been.

As for the anti-pirate stuff, some posters go as far as to say that potential pirates all deserved to be mugged and roughed up IRL just to see how it's like and because they deserve it. Others go on about how pirates all have mental disorders and are very disturbed people. Yes, really. The saddest part is that it's common.
Mental illness? Sounds like they should join TEST then!

Tooterfish

Vice Admiral
Donor
Nov 29, 2014
RSI Handle
Tooterfish
I disagree. The anti-pvp or any anti human adversarial interaction crowd is a small and vocal subculture at the RSI forum. The game they want exists at Disney studios somewhere and I'm sure CR isn't going to budge on keeping things interesting between people.

Forgot your password?