I made an Overwatch YouTube video

Halvix

Space Marshal
Donor
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Halvix
Looks good. As Glorious Leader has said you are a natural and easy to listen too, you explain what you're doing clearly. You should try twitch as well as youtube that way you can get interaction with your viewers.

Adamzetti

Captain
Donor
Oct 27, 2014
RSI Handle
AdamZetti
You're a natural, easy to listen to and confident.

My criticism would be that you do not make enough videos! :D
Thank you fearless leader. I did get a comment that the video did look a bit pixelated so I have since tweeked with my OBS settings to make it a lot more crisp for future videos. I will figure this stuff out eventually. Only started to do this stuff 2 days ago so it is a learning process. That being said, that video only took me about 2 hours to capture footage and edit everything.

Reactions: Murderer

vindslav

Vice Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
vindslav
Hmmm.

It appeared that you were stumbling on your words, in a manner that suggested that you were not overly familiar with your own content, which you explained with the quick nature of its creation. Also there did not seem to be any point or direction to the video. Granted, if you are trying to create a highlight reel, or simply divulging a format into which you wish or conceptualise yourself using in the future, fair enough. However, after taking a gander at your video gallery, it felt that you had edited the video and then treated it in the same manner as your twitch videos. Difference being that the twitch videos, your audio is live, and thus is natural with the reactionary dialogue.

Now, if you are going for highlights (which is what I am assuming based upon your other overwatch videos) your dialogue may be better used in expressing your intent, that is the reason behind your actions, or simply setting up the scenario. Your prior video handled the highlight reel in a better manner than this video, purely because it had obvious meaning, despite having no dialogue.

Now, I have not been as chummy as the two prior, but I have been no where near as harsh as I can be with what has been presented, but hey, I am not reviewing sociological presentations here am I. Still, you called out for a hand, and I think it is best to be a bit more frank on the matter. Even if you come to consdier my words to be ash, best of luck with your youtube channel.

Montoya

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 31, 2013
RSI Handle
Montoya
It appeared that you were stumbling on your words, in a manner that suggested that you were not overly familiar with your own content, which you explained with the quick nature of its creation.
Thanks for sucking the fun out of it! lol

You are digging in too deep.

This is a "Hey guys here is some gameplay!"

And you are looking into it as "In terms of professionalism, compared to Morgan Freemans award winning documentary "The Cosmos", how does my little video compare?".

vindslav

Vice Admiral
Mar 28, 2015
RSI Handle
vindslav
Thanks for sucking the fun out of it! lol

You are digging in too deep.

This is a "Hey guys here is some gameplay!"

And you are looking into it as "In terms of professionalism, compared to Morgan Freemans award winning documentary "The Cosmos", how does my little video compare?".
Trust me, that was not me digging in too deep, and don't get me started on that piece of shit of a show.

My comparison, instead, was towards what I consider the general standards I have observed from various other youtubers.

He asked for criticism, and I gave him some. Now, whether or not the critisim is of any use to Adam, is for Adam to decide.
I had a look through his stuff and it appeared to me that he wishes to go more seriously into his video creation. As such, I responded with that in mind.

Adamzetti

Captain
Donor
Oct 27, 2014
RSI Handle
AdamZetti
Trust me, that was not me digging in too deep, and don't get me started on that piece of shit of a show.

My comparison, instead, was towards what I consider the general standards I have observed from various other youtubers.

He asked for criticism, and I gave him some. Now, whether or not the critisim is of any use to Adam, is for Adam to decide.
I had a look through his stuff and it appeared to me that he wishes to go more seriously into his video creation. As such, I responded with that in mind.
I appreciate the feedback, you are completely correct. I didn't have much of a "goal" with the video and I should do something a bit more direct with the content that I am creating. I will do some more trial and errors until I feel comfortable with what I am doing. Cheers man!

Forgot your password?