I need opinions on melting my Cutlass Black for a Freelancer MIS

Admiral_Nolan

not dead
Nov 9, 2014
RSI Handle
Admiral_Nolan
Ok, so I have a Cutlass Black with alpha access that I picked up from a friend, was never really my style of ship, but it came with alpha, now I'm trying to decide whether or not I should melt it and buy the Freelancer MIS. I do have concierge so I may be able to get the Cutlass back if I have to.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
Personally, I favor the Freelancer. But I'm also a MISC fanboy, and I love the Freelancer in particular.

Liquor_and_ores

Space Marshal
Jun 22, 2014
RSI Handle
Liquor_and_Ores
its hard to say, personally I went with the freelancer MIS alpha package, I was more sold on the 4 big turret guns on the front, reloadable missle rack with more on the wings, and a tail gunner seat.

Before I became a ship hoarder, I figured that this ship would allow me to haul cargo and be mean enough to not be worth a pirates time to attack.

GrammarGestapo

Pro Chat Necromancer
Jun 8, 2014
RSI Handle
TheGrammarpolice
meh, I would keep the cutlass and CCU to a cutlass blue. However you can always just buy it back, so have at it. Just realize you're going to need to buy an arena commander pass. And a FPS pass. and a Planetside pass. And a PU alpha pass as well.

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
Honestly, I'd hold on to the alpha, saves you some money. You can always use the cutlass to steal a MIS right off the bat. :P

Shar Treuse

Captain
Nov 24, 2014
RSI Handle
Shar Treuse
I held my Black and used an Upgrade to Blue, then upgraded my Freelancer+ pack to a Freelancer DUR as I think it will be the best overall explorer. And then bought a Starfarer Anniversary. Definitely addicted to bling, though not as badly as some of our members.

WarrenPeace

Space Marshal
Jul 17, 2014
RSI Handle
Shortspark
I held my Black and used an Upgrade to Blue, then upgraded my Freelancer+ pack to a Freelancer DUR as I think it will be the best overall explorer. And then bought a Starfarer Anniversary. Definitely addicted to bling, though not as badly as some of our members.
*achoo* Was someone talking about me?

Civil Hypocricy

Rear Admiral
Nov 8, 2014
RSI Handle
Civil_Hypocrisy
I'd say upgrade the black to a blue, the you get some missiles and you can steal other ships with the help of dedicated TEST members or earn them more legitimately.

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
I'd say upgrade the black to a blue, the you get some missiles and you can steal other ships with the help of dedicated TEST members or earn them more legitimately.
If you've got 50$ to burn, the blue is a better option, but the black can get all of those upgrades in game(except the shield, I believe).

Civil Hypocricy

Rear Admiral
Nov 8, 2014
RSI Handle
Civil_Hypocrisy
Yep. I heard that the blue has a larger max power plant, but am on mobile device and checking would be a pain... I hate iPhones sometimes :( Still, both are good. It just depends on what you are willing to spend and what you want.

2fat

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2014
RSI Handle
2fat
Yep. I heard that the blue has a larger max power plant, but am on mobile device and checking would be a pain... I hate iPhones sometimes :( Still, both are good. It just depends on what you are willing to spend and what you want.
Shield power plant is the same size.

Bean Bandit

Lieutenant
Aug 16, 2014
RSI Handle
Bean86
I'm not sure you can melt your alpha - game package
You can definately melt your alpha package, it will warn you though if it's your last alpha.

If you have another package without alpha and write a nice email to CIG they can transfer the alpha access over to the other package (they presumably will only do this once though so be sure where to transfer it to).

Erroll

Admiral
Donor
Nov 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Erroll
Its only $5 for access to Arena. Presumably it will be $5 for access to other things if you are interested. So, $15 for Arena, FPS, and PU. Just plan for the extra expense and go for it if you want a MIS. If you just want something else then wait for the cross chassis upgrades.

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
Its only $5 for access to Arena. Presumably it will be $5 for access to other things if you are interested. So, $15 for Arena, FPS, and PU. Just plan for the extra expense and go for it if you want a MIS. If you just want something else then wait for the cross chassis upgrades.
Hmm, but who knows if CIG will give alpha access members a special hat? ;)

Forgot your password?