I suddenly have a Retaliator??

Dorian Grey

Space Marshal
Feb 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Renstler
Has anyone suddenly found a Retaliator when going to spawn their ship in Port Oli? I mean dont get me wrong, I love ALL the ships but as far as I know, the only Loaner i have is the Starfarer not a Tally.

Dorian Grey

Space Marshal
Feb 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Renstler
I like it too but it looks like in order to convert it to a Connie on Steroids, we would need many modules and its upkeep could be expensinve?

Vavrik

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 19, 2017
RSI Handle
Vavrik
What I wasn't sure of is why I have the Retaliator, Buck, and an extra hornet Hornet, an extra Connie, and two extra cutlass black's.
(This is the list of "extras" in my inventory) It confused me a little as to which ones were the subscriber toys. Then I figured out there is an inventory bug that can duplicate ships.

The Retaliator is one of my favorite models by appearance. It turns like a beached whale, and has about as much sting if the turrets aren't manned, but man what a good looking beached whale!

Reactions: Talonsbane

AstroGimp01

Space Marshal
Jan 31, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroGimp01
I show the Tali, and 2 Bucc's as extras I think, none of which I own.

I really wish they'd change the Carrack loaner from a (for me) 2nd Andromeda to an Aquilla with an Ursa......makes sense, explorer for explorer.

Oh well.

'Gimp

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
Get in your tally and fly it - it really is a nice handling ship. All we need is the modular system, implemented on it!

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
better then just getting out your Tally and flying it is to grab several drunken testies push them into the turrets and take the gun boat for a spin.

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
You can try that but it doesn't make a very good gun boat with the S2 turrets and drunk gunners. Still - sound fun!

Reactions: Bambooza

Takeiteasy

Admiral
May 21, 2017
RSI Handle
Takeiteasy
I was almost going to get one as it will undoubtedly be a good ship and with the recent armour and shield boosts it already has improved but I got a cat instead.

I'm definitely going to take this beast out for a spin.

Bambooza

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 25, 2017
RSI Handle
MrBambooza
You can try that but it doesn't make a very good gun boat with the S2 turrets and drunk gunners. Still - sound fun!
And fun is all that matters in the end. But yes its not very good at actually causing damage which honestly with drunken gunners is perfect.

Carlos Spicyweiner

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 14, 2015
RSI Handle
DMGunslinger
And fun is all that matters in the end. But yes its not very good at actually causing damage which honestly with drunken gunners is perfect.
Yeah, the turret guns on EVERYTHING sucked in 2.6, but those size 9 torps are alive and well in 3.0. I flew by a 'tali the other day and thought nothing of it. It was just outside the armistice zone at olisar and as soon as I heard the missile warning I knew I was screwed. I was gonna just eject but that torp just kept on ramming me, so I thought, ha maybe they aren't deadly yet. I changed to an exterior camera and basically watched that thing have angry sex with my hornet for a good minute or so...then it blew up spectacularly. I'm looking forward to seeing 'talis used against the big targets, that's what their for!

Forgot your password?