Do you believe?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
I had a dream last night that awoke a calling, so embedded into the deepest corners of my soul, that I just couldn't shake it. I dreamt that there was a hybrid creature that exhibited the characteristics of both a bear and a deer, aptly named the "Beer" [Yes, I know everyone is already aware of these elusive mythical creatures] Anyhoo, in my dream; I went hunting for them in the lush jungles of Pandora. Then, after hours of clinking some pint glasses together to draw the herd in, I finally managed to shoot one. It bolted after being shot, so I had to track it down through the underbrush by its malty scented blood.

The ragged sudsy trail lead all the way up into a lush grove of trees. Through a break in the foliage, I spotted my beer lying peacefully in the meadow beyond. I tried to approach quietly to avoid startling it, but the noble beast had already expired upon my arrival. I thanked the forest gods for my good fortune and plunged my blade into the belly of the bountiful beast. Out from its frigid gut poured a torrent of ice, coating the forest floor with a frosty white sheen. I could tell my prize was near, so I dove up to my elbows into the creature's torso and felt around until I seized a cold metal rim in my eager grip. I tugged at the object with all my strength until the beer's rib cage finally popped, releasing my arctic reward. After hauling it upright and tapping the gunshot hole, I marveled at the beauty of yet another freshly harvested keg as a tear rolled gently down my prideful cheek. It was beautiful.

So basically what I'm saying, is; Let's find one. It is our destiny. I would say that Murphy's law applies greatly to the lives of many of us TESTies. That law basically states that anything that can happen, will happen. SO, take for instance; The Beer. Mythical creature? Or just another of the universe's happy accidents waiting to be discovered out in the infinite cosmos?! We need our TESTie explorers out there, ON THE GROUND, looking for herds of these regal beer roaming distant alien landscapes. We will never know whether or not they exist until we try endlessly to find them. It's not an obsession, it's Science!

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
I haven't voted yet because I'm missing...the point. What do you want to know what I believe (or not)? I'm a little bit lost within this huge wall of text :D

Reactions: Blind Owl

AstroSam

Barrista
Mar 8, 2016
RSI Handle
AstroSam
Well, to be honest there are - for me - sometimes issues understanding the intention "behind" some posts by native (english) speaking users, as for example the initial post of this thread. Its always a little bit harder to get/understand metaphoric and/or ironic/sarcastic content as a non-native speaker, even if you are kind of "advanced". Therefore here and there I'm simply asking - partially on a serious level, partially with a blinking eye. ;)

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
Well, to be honest there are - for me - sometimes issues understanding the intention "behind" some posts by native (english) speaking users, as for example the initial post of this thread. Its always a little bit harder to get/understand metaphoric and/or ironic/sarcastic content as a non-native speaker, even if you are kind of "advanced". Therefore here and there I'm simply asking - partially on a serious level, partially with a blinking eye.
To be honest? I was watching No Mans Sky videos where they were talking about their procedural creatures and it made me excited for the possibility of CIG putting out some buggars for us to find. That, plus daydreaming about beer again....

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
Well, to be honest there are - for me - sometimes issues understanding the intention "behind" some posts by native (english) speaking users, as for example the initial post of this thread. Its always a little bit harder to get/understand metaphoric and/or ironic/sarcastic content as a non-native speaker, even if you are kind of "advanced". Therefore here and there I'm simply asking - partially on a serious level, partially with a blinking eye. ;)
I totally understand Sam. And we use metaphors and sarcasm all the freaking time. If you ever do need clarification, I'll be happy to help, as I'm probably one of the worst perpetrators of this kind of linguistics. :)

Xian-Luc Picard

Space Marshal
Jan 9, 2016
RSI Handle
Xian-Luc_Picard
I had a dream last night that awoke a calling, so embedded into the deepest corners of my soul, that I just couldn't shake it. I dreamt that there was a hybrid creature that exhibited the characteristics of both a bear and a deer, aptly named the "Beer" [Yes, I know everyone is already aware of these elusive mythical creatures] Anyhoo, in my dream; I went hunting for them in the lush jungles of Pandora. Then, after hours of clinking some pint glasses together to draw the herd in, I finally managed to shoot one. It bolted after being shot, so I had to track it down through the underbrush by its malty scented blood.

The ragged sudsy trail lead all the way up into a lush grove of trees. Through a break in the foliage, I spotted my beer lying peacefully in the meadow beyond. I tried to approach quietly to avoid startling it, but the noble beast had already expired upon my arrival. I thanked the forest gods for my good fortune and plunged my blade into the belly of the bountiful beast. Out from its frigid gut poured a torrent of ice, coating the forest floor with a frosty white sheen. I could tell my prize was near, so I dove up to my elbows into the creature's torso and felt around until I seized a cold metal rim in my eager grip. I tugged at the object with all my strength until the beer's rib cage finally popped, releasing my arctic reward. After hauling it upright and tapping the gunshot hole, I marveled at the beauty of yet another freshly harvested keg as a tear rolled gently down my prideful cheek. It was beautiful.

So basically what I'm saying, is; Let's find one. It is our destiny. I would say that Murphy's law applies greatly to the lives of many of us TESTies. That law basically states that anything that can happen, will happen. SO, take for instance; The Beer. Mythical creature? Or just another of the universe's happy accidents waiting to be discovered out in the infinite cosmos?! We need our TESTie explorers out there, ON THE GROUND, looking for herds of these regal beer roaming distant alien landscapes. We will never know whether or not they exist until we try endlessly to find them. It's not an obsession, it's Science!
That is some kind of primal dream... are you regressing, @Han Burgundy ?

Han Burgundy

Space Marshal
Jan 15, 2016
RSI Handle
Han-Burgundy
That is some kind of primal dream... are you regressing, @Han Burgundy ?
Meh, it was better than those recurring dreams I've been having of being attacked by disembodied dicks with my third grade teacher's voice telling me that softserve is the key to it all.

Forgot your password?