I want to know what you guys think about my next purchase

325 Gun upgrades

• Nothing, its fine so stop complaining Ninja...

• Gimbal the wingtip guns

• Wing-root guns

• Wing-roots AND gimbal wingtips

Results are only viewable after voting.

SPRNinja

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
SPRNinja
Alright, so I just bought my aurora, and the next on my list was an M50... BUT... Ive been wondering, how do you guys rate the M50 compared to the 350r, as in... should i up my 325 to a 350 instead of getting an M50 (cause im looking at getting a hornet too.)

I originally got the 325a to be a better ship in the PU (good combination of combat and cargo etc) but ive got the aurora... so im figuring i can use my aurora for those multi role type missions and get a hornet for combat and an aurora for cargo or exploration. Then get a 350r or M50 for racing :/

Want to know what the people who have flown all the ships think.

Follow up, does anyone think that the 325 doesnt have enough guns? i mean the hornet has 4 fron gimballed weapons and 2 fixed, vs the 300 series 1 gimbles 2 fixed...
Im not saying that the 325 should be equal to a hornet, just that it should be a bit closer maybe? my personal opinion is to give the 325 gimballed mounts on the wingtips. I was talking to a mate and he though that the 325 should have fixed wingroot guns as well (like an A-4 skyhawk)

So I want to know what you think so im making a poll ;)

(attatched image A4 Skyhawk, look at where the wings meet the fuselage to see what i mean by wing root guns)

CitizenDad

Space Marshal
Donor
Nov 3, 2014
RSI Handle
SlvmL0rd
Monty's smarter than I, but I am a Space Racer (Wanna run for pink?) and I say M50 all the way brother :D I love the way the handle, the look, and nothing beats the sound of VTEC in space!

Last edited:
Reactions: SPRNinja

CrashMan054

Commander
Oct 23, 2014
RSI Handle
CrashMan054
I bought the 300i for general purposes, like your aurora, and got the Mustang Omega for racing. Really, the M50 is better, but the Omega looks way cooler IMO(please don't kill me, brandon)

Timarien

Commander
Nov 2, 2014
RSI Handle
Timarien
Stick with the 325 it's a quite good dogfighter and then get a m50 for racing if you want to. Also the hornet is a dedicated fighter and doesnt have any cargospace. This makes it a lot less independant than a 325a.

SPRNinja

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
SPRNinja
yea, im pretty happy with the 325, especially if they buff the weapons ;)

I think chris roberts needs to read my post here lol

SPRNinja

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 20, 2014
RSI Handle
SPRNinja
WHy would they buff the weapons? It's a patrol craft converted form a luxury touring craft.
The idea being that its a the dedicated fighter of the range... you think they would do something to the weapons.

Ill put it this way, if I was origin jumpworks and I wanted to make a fighter variant of the 300 series, I would do something more fighter oriented than a new scanner and a different default gun on the nose, I would definately up the hardpoints

Huegpaynis

Space Marshal
May 28, 2014
RSI Handle
Huegpaynis
The idea being that its a the dedicated fighter of the range... you think they would do something to the weapons.

Ill put it this way, if I was origin jumpworks and I wanted to make a fighter variant of the 300 series, I would do something more fighter oriented than a new scanner and a different default gun on the nose, I would definately up the hardpoints
In-lore, that would require a complete rework of the spaceframe. The upgrades to the targeting software and the inclusion of the mass driver alone are significant increases to the combat capabilities of the 325A. Toss in up-armoring, which is likely once ship armor is properly implemented, and the 325A will display fighting capacity far greater than than of a stock 300i.

Forgot your password?