I want to make a SC Youtube video...Any ideas?

Myre

Pit Crew
Staff member
Feb 12, 2015
RSI Handle
Myre
As the title states I kinda want to make a video/series of videos with Star Citizen in mind as a mini project, but as you know there are a bunch of already well established guys out there covering this that and the other Star Citizen related.

Any ideas for something novel as to what you would like see/hear?

Knax

Overwatch Room
Staff member
Donor
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
Knax
i've always enjoyed listening to people read the lore. maybe you could try and use images to visually tell the lore as well? showing planets where things took place or systems. it would be relatively easy to do, you wouldn't have to learn cry engine or anything.

Reactions: Myre

Myre

Pit Crew
Staff member
Feb 12, 2015
RSI Handle
Myre
i've always enjoyed listening to people read the lore. maybe you could try and use images to visually tell the lore as well? showing planets where things took place or systems. it would be relatively easy to do, you wouldn't have to learn cry engine or anything.
Do you know if that's been done yet?

Knax

Overwatch Room
Staff member
Donor
Aug 5, 2015
RSI Handle
Knax
Do you know if that's been done yet?
iv'e seen a few people do it but not quite that way. I saw one where the guy was pretending to be giving a history lesson that was pretty cool, but with your voice and accent i think it's a no brainer. Alot of people don't like reading long stories or cant find them, i think if nothing else this will give us a "test" record of events. maybe you could even get with @NKato and establish official test history interwoven into the timeline.

NeoHelios_SC

Vice Admiral
Apr 18, 2015
RSI Handle
NeoHelios_SC
I think it has been statistically proven that YouTube videos have higher viewcounts when they contain the following elements: cats, fire, and babies. So... You might not like this idea for a Star Citizen video, but........

...OH, and also maybe some dubstep for good measure. Also, if you live inthe US, don't forget to add an epilepsy warning; you don't want any legal issues.

Last edited:

Yex

Space Marshal
Mar 15, 2015
RSI Handle
Yex
When star marine comes
I think it has been statistically proven that YouTube videos have higher viewcounts when they contain the following elements: cats, fire, and babies. So... You might not like this idea for a Star Citizen video, but........

...OH, and also maybe some dubstep for good measure. Also, if you live inthe US, don't forget to add an epilepsy warning; you don't want any legal issues.
You forgot anything sexual.
Usually a title in all caps.
For instance.

ANAL

will get more clicks

marctek

Space Marshal
Donor
Sep 7, 2015
RSI Handle
Marctek
Boobs, explosions and shitty catchphrases. That's all I need
Maybe reading SC lore about boobs...

If you are a good pilot tutorials are always good.

If your a bad pilot let people watch you die over and over again.

Willem Default

Space Marshal
Apr 2, 2015
RSI Handle
WillemDefault
Anything is fine, as long as you don't use that ridiculous posh accent you tried during the stream the other day.

Reactions: Myre

AwesomeDude

Vice Admiral
Donor
Apr 25, 2015
RSI Handle
TheAwesomeDude
I had an idea floating around in my mind of a video but i would need quite a few volunteers to do it.

It would essentially be a test squadron checkpoint and various people would be stopped and talked to by the main two characters. some of the people who would come through would be a guy who is arrested at the checkpoint for flying sober, a vanduul in a glaive and the guys running the checkpoint let him through because he is technically not vanduul because "The scythe is the only vanduul ship you can get" so on and so forth. I would be happy to let you use my idea so long as i have a part in the production :P .

Willem Default

Space Marshal
Apr 2, 2015
RSI Handle
WillemDefault
Ae haevent theh foggyest wuht yuu ahr tawking abuuutth
Phonetically that sounds more northern than posh. Are you from beyond the Wall?

PSIcoh

Grand Admiral
Jul 28, 2015
RSI Handle
PSIcoh
I'm so in for this. I want to help work on this in any way! :D

I love the idea of making a long running series of TEST lore. How TEST came to be, how Montoya came to be leader (or he's always been the leader), what TEST was like in previous time periods, etc. I'm so jacked for this - Let me know if you need anything!!!

Also love @Knax 's idea of having TEST coincide with various historical events.

Reactions: Knax
Forgot your password?