IAE 2950 teasers

Cugino83

Space Marshal
Apr 25, 2019
RSI Handle
Cugino
Yeah, I'm a dumbass who spent too much money and I didn't get an email!

Nomad is an upcoming Consolidated Outland ship. Not much is known beyond the name. Speculation is a Refinery ship, but personally with a name like Nomad I'm more inclined to think it's an Exploration ship.
Hmmm me like that!
CO is a fine ship builder with a more "modern" looking design (love the aestetics of the Mustang), it deserve some more ship.
I second the speculation on the explorer ship, it fit into the logic seen for the Pioneer:
Pioneer -> "colonizer" ship
Nomads -> something that can wander among the star whitout a destination -> exlorer ship.
seams legit...

The question is: will it be a real Carrack competitor??

Firebrand

Captain
Oct 13, 2020
RSI Handle
Qallus
Hmmm me like that!
CO is a fine ship builder with a more "modern" looking design (love the aestetics of the Mustang), it deserve some more ship.
I second the speculation on the explorer ship, it fit into the logic seen for the Pioneer:
Pioneer -> "colonizer" ship
Nomads -> something that can wander among the star whitout a destination -> exlorer ship.
seams legit...

The question is: will it be a real Carrack competitor??
Im hoping if the Nomad IS an explorer, that it will be medium/small... maybe and hopefully, more a competitor for the DUR & 315P rather than the Carrack.

Last edited:

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
You have to be subscribed to it (I wasn't for ages, until I found it). You just need to tick it in: Account -> Settings -> Overview 👍
I learnt about that 2 months ago yes i am subscribed since then. As far as i recall i have received only one mail from chairman club about the imperator election, then it must be some email from before summer i guess.

Blind Owl

Hallucinogenic Owl
Donor
Nov 27, 2015
RSI Handle
BlindOwl
In agreement @Blind Owl and @AntiSqueaker I am hoping that Nomad is a medium exploration ship. Since CNOU is a company on a mission, either a refinery ship (to feed the Pioneer out on the frontier) or an exploration ship (to find suitable places to build habitation) would fit within Silas Koerner's goals.

For medium ships (read that small wormholes) we only have the DUR. All of the pathfinders use size 1 QD with small tanks, resulting in severe range limitations. Going up the scale is the Aquila, Corsair and the 600i; so far the expectation is they will be limited to medium and larger wormholes. Maybe not - it's certainly not been presented to us on stone tablets yet.

I would throw more cash money at this game for a competent competitor to the DUR.. or even the ability to outfit it with all the basic amenities it will need for exploration. Based on the 315p's attributes, a 415p would likely be perfect. Perhaps the Nomad will be stepping into this role?
Nail on the head my friend. Give us an honest to goodness DUR competitor.

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
They have been talking up bounty hunting allot lately. I was hoping for a ship above a converted starter ship for bounty hunting.

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
They have been talking up bounty hunting allot lately. I was hoping for a ship above a converted starter ship for bounty hunting.
I agree... there needs to be something less disappointing than the Blue. Don't think CNOU is going to be the company to deal with that though; they have a bigger problem in focus.

I think the Hawk will prove it's worth when the game systems are properly working, but as a light fighter it will be limited in what it's capable of accomplishing on it's own.

@Richard Bong something else that would be of immense value to the career is 'bounty pods' as cargo. Throw a blade into your computer and a couple cells on the grid, turn any ship into a bounty hunter. A horizontal pod (shown in SQ42 vertical slice) would turn a 300i into the bounty hunter it was advertised to be. A couple of upright cells thrown into the midsection of a Dur could create a sleeper, a low-profile bounty hunter with truly superior tracking ability. Even BETTER, is that the marks would have to live with the understanding that almost ANY ship could now be a bounty hunter coming for them. The psychological impact of that appeals to me.

This is speculation, of course, as there is a lot of the game to build yet.

Last edited:

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I agree... there needs to be something less disappointing than the Blue. Don't think CNOU is going to be the company to deal with that though; they have a bigger problem in focus.

I think the Hawk will prove it's worth when the game systems are properly working, but as a light fighter it will be limited in what it's capable of accomplishing on it's own.

@Richard Bong something else that would be of immense value to the career is 'bounty pods' as cargo. Throw a blade into your computer and a couple cells on the grid, turn any ship into a bounty hunter. A horizontal pod (shown in SQ42 vertical slice) would turn a 300i into the bounty hunter it was advertised to be. A couple of upright cells thrown into the midsection of a Dur could create a sleeper, a low-profile bounty hunter with truly superior tracking ability. Even BETTER, is that the marks would have to live with the understanding that almost ANY ship could now be a bounty hunter coming for them. The psychological impact of that appeals to me.

This is speculation, of course, as there is a lot of the game to build yet.
So far we have the Hawk, (a starter ship, yes I have one) the Avenger Stalker (A converted Starter ship) and the Cutlass Blue (a converted starter ship).

Now the funnier part.
The Avenger Stalker and the Avenger Titan appear to be the same ship, with stasis pods on the cargo floor. This can be most easily seen in the SQ42 vertical slice, where the avenger had a mix of Cargo and Stasis pods.
The Hawk has, of course, a bespoke cell.
The Cutlass Blue has the floor removed under the cells and has them wired in, and the rest of that part of the cargo floor (in the Black) isn't a cargo floor (in the Blue).

So is it a quick and dirty swap, like the Avenger, or does it require more work, and an expert with a shop, like the Blue?

Now it appears that the most important hardware for a Bounty Hunter is a QED, to keep your target from simply jumping away. The Blue has one but it doesn't appear to take up much, if any, space. What does it take to mount one of those?

BUTUZ

Space Marshal
Donor
Apr 8, 2016
RSI Handle
BUTUZ
1. talon
2. starrunner
3. redeemer

Reactions: Chip Hazzard

vahadar

Grand Admiral
Donor
Mar 4, 2020
RSI Handle
vahadar
Now it appears that the most important hardware for a Bounty Hunter is a QED, to keep your target from simply jumping away. The Blue has one but it doesn't appear to take up much, if any, space. What does it take to mount one of those?
If you read the Mantis Q&A, you can see that QED will be available for other ships to use in the future, using the utility port. But will come with legal restriction.

Will we be able to fit interdiction devices to other ships?

In the future, yes, though quantum enforcement devices (QED) are not currently equippable by other player-flyable ships. When available, QEDs will be equipped via the utility item ports. However, they won’t be as powerful as the units built into ships such as the Mantis and may require compromises to loadout. They will also be used by various AI ships and security forces to interrupt player quantum travel.

Chip Hazzard

Space Marshal
Jan 1, 2018
RSI Handle
ChipHazzard
Would love the Direhawk ingame someday...
I second this!!
If you read the Mantis Q&A, you can see that QED will be available for other ships to use in the future, using the utility port. But will come with legal restriction.
The Cutlass Blue has a Quantum Jump Inhibitor, so when you find your target, it stops it from jumping away, but you can't use it to pull ships out of Quantum like the QED.

I would love one of those to be a dedicated BH ship, but I think that they are: refinery ship/MSR/turret off a bigger ship?

atpbx

Space Marshal
Jan 2, 2016
RSI Handle
General Fisting
Its most likely Talon- MSR- RSI Gunboat as has already been said.

The only curveball is the Nomad, but seeing as they are going to be selling it as a starter pack and a “hauler pack” I dont see a refinery ship and I dont see an explorer either.

So god knows what it is.

Firebrand

Captain
Oct 13, 2020
RSI Handle
Qallus
My two cents - The first photo is definitely fighter scale, due to 'no step' markings. Second photo, same again - No readable tags would be visible for anything bigger. The third photo is definitely a cockpit, with a big ass gun next to it. Ares?

Ares.

@Cromwell - Spot on.
Last picture is definitely a turret from something else... the Ares only has one massive gun, set further away to its right and the cockpit is a completely different design.
I think the middle picture could defintiely be from the Ares though and not necessarily the MSR.
Untitled-12.jpg

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
I second this!!

The Cutlass Blue has a Quantum Jump Inhibitor, so when you find your target, it stops it from jumping away, but you can't use it to pull ships out of Quantum like the QED.

I would love one of those to be a dedicated BH ship, but I think that they are: refinery ship/MSR/turret off a bigger ship?
I may have had my terminolgy wrong. Quantum snare pulls out, quantum dampner keeps people from leaving. On the Mantis, both are part of the Quantum Enforcement Device.

Forgot your password?