IAE 2953 WB CCU watch

Ploeperpengel

Space Marshal
Jun 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Sadis
I'm tempted myself as well. Will probably go for it. Before Arrastra came around, I was already dead set on getting an Orion. Now I'm a coins flip away from getting either an Arrastra or then Orion.
Tough choice tho, both seem like great mining ships, and I'd mostly be going around with an NPC crew anyhow, and Arrastra doesn't require as much crew. Orion doesn't require THAT much more tho. And Orion is Capital, which is cool.

As for possibly offering Hull D WB CCU during the next days, last year at least they didn't update the CCUs during the finale, the final CCUs stuck till the end of the event. So they might not be providing further new WB CCUs this IAE. Though it's worth noting that last IAE they also offered 15 CCUs for the finale (+ flight ready + BIS CCUs). This time we only got 4, so who knows, maybe they're doing new CCUs each finale day this year.
FYI
1701118524597.png

Ploeperpengel

Space Marshal
Jun 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Sadis
Hm, at least the Valkry snuggles with the rest of my chain.

It might be worth mentioning all the WB CCUs since BIS are still active (along with the recently released ships). Therefore, there's no need to be hasty grabbing or applying them. Just wait for the last day and take what fits best.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
It might be worth mentioning all the WB CCUs since BIS are still active (along with the recently released ships).
Actually, at the time you wrote that 350R was removed already. I mean, easy to miss, since 3 out of the 4 finale day 1 CCUs stuck around.
Now they've also removed Scorpius and Valkyrie that were introduced on finale day 2.

I really see no rhyme or reason how they're adding and removing WB CCUs during finale, I mean, apart from it happening during the usual time.

Ploeperpengel

Space Marshal
Jun 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Sadis
Actually, at the time you wrote that 350R was removed already. I mean, easy to miss, since 3 out of the 4 finale day 1 CCUs stuck around.
Now they've also removed Scorpius and Valkyrie that were introduced on finale day 2.

I really see no rhyme or reason how they're adding and removing WB CCUs during finale, I mean, apart from it happening during the usual time.
Yep noticed that today. It's seemingly arbitrary.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane and FZD

Ploeperpengel

Space Marshal
Jun 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Sadis
Well not entirely. They keep 6 slots for two consecutive days. But maybe they just keep the bestsellers or tommorrow its 8 or 4 slots. Fomo works better with unpredictability.

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Ayeteeone

Space Marshal
Donor
Oct 22, 2018
RSI Handle
Ayeteeone
I'm glad it's not just me noticing.. CIG does seem to be leaning HEAVY into the warbond CCU's, more than I have paid attention to in the past anyway.

With stuff that was on hand already, this Polaris finishes up at $310. A happy result.
🍻

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Personally, I'm a bit annoyed with CIG for constantly pulling the FOMO WB CCU adding & dumping this year. In past years, every WB CCU listed during the sale was available either after they were posted until the end or during the last few days for people to get what they feel they need. I understand that it's a marketing BS thing, but that doesn't make it any better for us backers.

• o7
Reactions: FZD and Ayeteeone

Ploeperpengel

Space Marshal
Jun 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Sadis
Dammit! I just found out all my old Terrapin to anything ccus in my buybacks seem to have preserved their price. I could have saved a lot of money knowing this earlier not 20 mins before the end of the event...

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Dammit! I just found out all my old Terrapin to anything ccus in my buybacks seem to have preserved their price. I could have saved a lot of money knowing this earlier not 20 mins before the end of the event...
The Tarrapin is one of my all time favorite looking ships. I don't have one but really hope that they make a drop ship version.
While I like the Terrapin for the most part, part of me REALLY wants to performs a bit of surgery on it, but removing the scanning pod & chair, and replacing them with the turret & gunner chair of the Tonk. So you can have a flying Tonk with plenty of armor & heat dissipation as well as improved DPS that would still fit in the same sized hangar as the Terrapin.

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
While I like the Terrapin for the most part, part of me REALLY wants to performs a bit of surgery on it, but removing the scanning pod & chair, and replacing them with the turret & gunner chair of the Tonk. So you can have a flying Tonk with plenty of armor & heat dissipation as well as improved DPS that would still fit in the same sized hangar as the Terrapin.
Eh, but do we really need yet another fighter? There are very few ships that aren't fighters or surprisingly heavily armed industrial ships.

• o7

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane
Eh, but do we really need yet another fighter? There are very few ships that aren't fighters or surprisingly heavily armed industrial ships.
Do we need another fighter? No, but wouldn't that be a rather cool ship to have fun tanking around in? Especially if it becomes a 2 person usable ship. 1 flies while the other mans the main turret.

Ploeperpengel

Space Marshal
Jun 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Sadis
Do we need another fighter? No, but wouldn't that be a rather cool ship to have fun tanking around in? Especially if it becomes a 2 person usable ship. 1 flies while the other mans the main turret.
I'd prefer more alien ships, especiallly industrial ones where there still is a lack of. I think we're good otherwise. To the latter CIG likely won't agree.

• o7
Forgot your password?