IAE 2953 WB CCU watch

Ploeperpengel

Space Marshal
Jun 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Sadis
Basically playing the CCU game for fun and to throw a little money at CIG. Not sure what I even want with this now. I just know that I don't want the Hull C :D (want the SRV maybe, that's why I also put it in there otherwise I stuck to chainable stuff). Maybe Liberator or Odissey? Think there might be more stuff coming up to close the gabs? VAT is making this a little annoying for calculation so thx for your lists guys.

1700692585919.png

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
Basically playing the CCU game for fun and to throw a little money at CIG. Not sure what I even want with this now. I just know that I don't want the Hull C :D (want the SRV maybe, that's why I also put it in there otherwise I stuck to chainable stuff). Maybe Liberator or Odissey? Think there might be more stuff coming up to close the gabs? VAT is making this a little annoying for calculation so thx for your lists guys.

View attachment 25210
Well, if you're interested in what can be done with these CCU's, you could have a look at https://testsquadron.com/threads/the-making-of-an-lti-polaris-iae-2953.20689/ where I'm daily going through the steps to see how much the event will allow you to save on an LTI Polaris (This event makes a good simulation for building a long-term chain based on the random events and releases, showing what can be done over time if people want to continue for better savings)... Switching to a Liberator or Odyssesy shouldn't be too difficult, although depending on the point at which you "exit" the chain, it may be possible that one or two CCU's at that point may need altering for better savings on the different end point.

Talonsbane

Space Marshal
Donor
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
Talonsbane

View attachment 25210
My thought is to swap the M50 with a Storm AA, because then you have the LTI base vehicle that WB for $90 currently during its concept sale.

Reactions: NomadicHavoc

Ploeperpengel

Space Marshal
Jun 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Sadis
My thought is to swap the M50 with a Storm AA, because then you have the LTI base vehicle that WB for $90 currently during its concept sale.
might do the for the the Argo but still have an old tumbril RN in buybacks which I want to use for a better return during the first 100 bucks for the large chain

• o7
Reactions: Talonsbane

Ploeperpengel

Space Marshal
Jun 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Sadis
Well, there's a Carrack upgrade. While it bridges a gap if you want to get past 600 with 40$ I sort of hoped for the Liberator which despite it's size could very likely still be soloed to transport your ships if need be and climb up later if I wanted to. Think I'll pass and see what else is coming up. edit: if there were a 550$ ship I'd probably grab it in a second regardless.

Last edited:

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Well, there's a Carrack upgrade. While it bridges a gap if you want to get past 600 with 40$ I sort of hoped for the Liberator which despite it's size could very likely still be soloed to transport your ships if need be and climb up later if I wanted to. Think I'll pass and see what else is coming up. edit: if there were a 550$ ship I'd probably grab it in a second regardless.
Yeah, same for me. It's kinda tempting, but $40 new money for just one CCU... Ehh. I'll just root for Hull D to get its price bump. Will probably cover $550 to $600 range or even to $650.

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
I pointed that out for those that don't happen to have any LTI tokens already in their account hangar
For long-term building of a chain, the Cutter Scout is still available with LTI for a lower price ($45, which adds $5 to the chain's overall savings), and may be a better alternative (Particularly with the use of a G12/G12r CCU, as that is due to go into development in the next 12 months, I believe) despite the relative rarity of discounted CCU's in the price range.

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
@Brictoria also, while the Polaris is certainly an interesting ship I don't think I want to own it. I'm more into civilian industrial-exploration stuff. I'd be happy to crew turrets though once the game becomes less of an alpha. ;)
That's fair enough - The Polaris was picked for the event as it's a larger ship that is in development for release in the next 12 months. I believe it was also requested while I was doing a similar guide at Invictus earlier in the year for the Perseus.

I'm always happy to take requests for specific "top end" CCU'able ships to build chains to during future events (Invictus/IAE next year).

Personally, I'd have been just as happy (or happier) to build a Liberator or Orion as I'm more interested in those types of ships, but the Perseus was done for a specific request, which led to the current request for the Polaris... Next year I may go with a "military"/combat ship for Invictus and a civilian/industrial one for IAE.

Brictoria

Vice Admiral
Apr 15, 2022
RSI Handle
Brictoria
IKR? I scooped up a couple $5 Ballista to Prospector WB CCUs as soon as I saw that. Here's hoping that the Ballista will also get itself a WB CCU sale this next May during the IAE. I'd love to score a few $5 C1 to Ballista WB CCUs for my chains.
I'm hoping we see a return of the WB Ballista CCU that was available at Invictus for the last days of IAE, as that would form a direct bridge between the C1 Spirit and the Prospector->Sabre->A1-> San'Tok-yai chain, making this a really good event for CCU construction.

It was also nice to see the prospector CCU returning my 30 chains' overall savings to where they were on Drake day (Argo, etc. added a little to the savings, but the chains were hit badly on Anvil day, losing $60+). I knew I was going to take a hit yesterday, but hadn't expected as quick a turnaround.

• o7

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Well, bit disappointed in the Taurus CCU. I mean, you could literally just get the A1 CCU unless you specifically want to buy a Taurus (Or you're starting from Freelancer MIS, Cutlass Blue or Hornet Wildfire).

On another hand, Arrastra seems way cool.

Dirtbag_Leader

Admiral
Nov 27, 2020
RSI Handle
Dirtbag_Leader
Well actually, The A1 was TOO big of a jump to fit into my existing chain (due to a very profitable old Vulture CCU), so a Vulture-Taurus was actually just what I needed to shave of an extra $10 today!

• o7

Ploeperpengel

Space Marshal
Jun 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Sadis
Seems they rebate the whole price increase for the Orion today. I'm tempted. If they provide a WB CCU for the Hull D during the next days this could be sweet. Edit: actually bought the Hull D to Orion. Need some Store credits anyway if they don't follow up to sweeten my chain.

Last edited:
  • o7

Richard Bong

Space Marshal
Jul 29, 2017
RSI Handle
McHale
You won't see anything special on the Liberator before release, where it will get a price bump.

• o7

Ploeperpengel

Space Marshal
Jun 17, 2018
RSI Handle
Sadis
You won't see anything special on the Liberator before release, where it will get a price bump.
Agreed. This seems to be the pattern. Still might get close to it with a Hull D CCU though. However, if not I won't cry either. I don't really need any ship. Just burning small amounts of money in the CCU Game here :D

• o7

FZD

Space Marshal
Nov 22, 2016
RSI Handle
FZD
Seems they rebate the whole price increase for the Orion today. I'm tempted. If they provide a WB CCU for the Hull D during the next days this could be sweet. Edit: actually bought the Hull D to Orion. Need some Store credits anyway if they don't follow up to sweeten my chain.
I'm tempted myself as well. Will probably go for it. Before Arrastra came around, I was already dead set on getting an Orion. Now I'm a coins flip away from getting either an Arrastra or then Orion.
Tough choice tho, both seem like great mining ships, and I'd mostly be going around with an NPC crew anyhow, and Arrastra doesn't require as much crew. Orion doesn't require THAT much more tho. And Orion is Capital, which is cool.

As for possibly offering Hull D WB CCU during the next days, last year at least they didn't update the CCUs during the finale, the final CCUs stuck till the end of the event. So they might not be providing further new WB CCUs this IAE. Though it's worth noting that last IAE they also offered 15 CCUs for the finale (+ flight ready + BIS CCUs). This time we only got 4, so who knows, maybe they're doing new CCUs each finale day this year.

Last edited:
Forgot your password?